xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Norrad

Please Review My Blog. At www.bangkokdiaries.com

I've spent a few days redoing and optimizing the design on my blog, I moved from a 2 column layout to a 3 column one and dumped support for 800 x 600 resolutions. Please let me know what you think :P and please be gentle.

Please list the following:

Your OS

Your browser

Your screen resolution

If you notice any layout problems, a screenshot would be most appreciated. Also please let me know if the loading time was acceptable.

Nice.It will be interesting to see how the year/seasons progress for you.That attitude of 'sanuuk' (sp) could come over here anytime soon and us heathans might benefit from it. I live in a small town, so it isn't too bad, but when the 'city folk' show up it is a whole new world.Firefox 2.0.0 on XP2 @ 1200 x 800No obvious errors that I can see.

Thanks jlhaslip,The concept of "Sanuuk" can get on your nerves though. A thai will not do anything unless they are having fun. For example, my girlfriend won't let me work in the afternoons because she doesn't have fun then :P She also won't do her homework until I've gone to bed so as not to interupt my fun.I hope it is successful, I want to move it over to Xisto's servers ASAP, so I can add SE friendly urls etc. And improve my uptime, I think it is down more than it is up at the moment.

Edited by Norrad (see edit history)

Using Kubuntu 6.10, Opera 9.10 on 1280 x 800 your site looks perfect, there is not a single visible problem. The content of your site is also very interesting and I am sure that you will be very successful with the site. My only possible comment for improvement would be to put the content in the middle and a column either side, depending on how hard that is to do and what other opinions are.

Thanks for the comment rvalkass. I will experiment witha column on each side tonight. I'm going to post some new posts tomorrow morning. Just busy preparing for my students exams tomorrow :P