xisto Community
MacFly

Sound Driver Problem Help

I recently updated my sound card driver CMI3738/C3DX PCI (C-media) and the update did not work out too well.I had backed up the old version of this sound card driver and reverted back to it after the update did not work out. Now the system sounds work as normal but all software that used the driver once (i.e games and windows media player) freeze and stop responding when I try to start them up and I have to restart my computer.I tried reinstalling the driver about 20 times from downloads, systemboard cd and backup files and even reinstalled several of the software that does not respond, but no such luck. Windows recognizes the driver as working correctly but I guess the software does not. No games nor windows media player work.Help! ANY IDEAS? What should I do?

CMI3738? is that like from the stonage or what haha, from the model number it sounds old cause my system is running a CMI9738 using SP2 and it works fine with no driver conflicts or issues whatsoever, i reccomend returning it for a different one, also try other drivers you may have incorrect drivers installed other than that i dont know why SP2 would affect it.

SigmaTel C-Major AudioSound Driver Problem

Hi,

I am Kumar. I recently formatted my system. In that process, audio device is not working. The corresponding hardware is not present in my motherboard CD. The audio device's name is SigmaTel C-Major Audio. How can I make my audio device to function. It would be great if you could help me with a solution. I am having windows XP service pack 2.

-reply by kumar

I'm also having a troube with my sound driver under linux. I tried to search the internet for the Cirrus Logic / CS429X driver, but with no luck.By default, the system installed an intel driver but is not stable.?

Sound driver problemSound Driver Problem

I have purchased new CQ60209TU compaq laptop. This system comes with Vista. But I got installed Windows XP. Now the problem is that while running songs with headphone the sound comes from both headphone as well as laptop speaker. Is it correctable. 

-reply by Amar

Hi, Try to update your drivers. Click on Start --> Control Panel --> Device Manager (Vista) Or even you can Right click on My computer --> Properties --> Device Manager Here you will see option as "Sound, videos and game controllers" or "Sound drivers". Expand it. You will see audio drivers which are installed on your machine. Right Click on them click properties. Go to Driver tab. Say Update Driver. It will automatically update it to the latest version. make sure that you are connected to internet.

Sound drivers not working in Windows XPSound Driver Problem

Hi,

I've a laptop preinstalled with Vista Basic Business edition. I've installed Windows XP on it and the installation was successful. How, the audio is not working in Windows XP. The reason is unknown.

Can anyone help me here how to get the audio work in XP too?

Do I need to make an attempt to install any audio drivers? Also I don't see any audio icon at the bottom right  of the screen.

Thanks,

MSS.

some times thrid party drivers (other than manufacturers) work fine for specific windows. try to find thirdy party driver for your sound card. Once worked for me

It sounds like you need to install audio drivers. If you right click on "My Computer" and go to "properties" Then the hardware tab at the top then "Device Manager" look for any "unknown devices" with big yellow question marks (?) next to them. These devices will all require drivers. The first step is to double click on them then click "re-install driver" click "Yes this time only" when asked about connecting to windows update and make sure you are connected to the internet. Click next and then click "Install automatically" or something along those lines *not* the "manually" option. If you are lucky you will now automatically install the drivers. It will say this is happening which is good. If however it says it cant find any drivers just close that window and move on to the next device that is unknown.If you still have drivers missing go to windows update (start menu, all programs then right at the top) when asked choose the "custom" option and once it has checked for updated see if there are any on the left under "Hardware" it will saw "Hardware(5)" or some other number. If its 0 then its down to manual installation. But if it has a number above zero click it and check the drivers you need (they will mention audio, video, ethernet, wireless etc... in the name of the update i expect) then click on the install updates button jsut above the "hardware" link. Follow it through and install them, restart and see how you stand.for manual installation go back to device manager, double click the device you want to install drivers for and go to the "details" tab at the top. In the drop down box select "Device instance Id" and you will see a string of worsds, slashes and numbers like "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_12345&SUBSYS_blah...." The important part is the bit *before* "&SUBSYS" or "&REV".Basically this string means the following: "PCI\" means its a PCI card "VEN_1002" means it comes from a vendor with the code "1002" and "DEV" is the device code. So in my example above you just need the bit that says "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_12345" Type that into google (i mean the codes you find on your system, not what ive typed here) and add the word "drivers" afterwards, eg: "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_12345 drivers"You'll now see lots of crap pages about how they can solve your problem, probably with "Driver detective" well they cant. But you need to find the name of that device, it will be in one of the results, just a keyword like "dell" "Ati" or whatever, you need to piece it together to find the name of your device, or at least the manufacturer. Then you can google the name of the driver you need eg "ATI graphics driver" or whatever it turns out to be, download it and install it and you should be good.Its a little confusing but its not difficult. Good luck!PS: One last thing to try is to google the name of your PC eg "HP minitower 2250 xp drivers" but of course use the model of your pc, not the hp stuff. You might find that the manufacturer has a driver page for each pc they make so you can just look under the sound, audio, network etc... sections and download the drivers from there. In fact, id try this step first :lol:

HI I have a toshiba m45-s269. I installed windows 7 everything works great but the sound card. It plays the sound a little slow, and the quality is very poor. I reverted back to my original driver a few times and tried a few of the generic windows 7 drivers. Nothing works. Do you think my sound card is not compatible with windows 7? is there a fix, so far it seems the only thing I can do is revert back to XP. 

-reply by tony