xisto Community
Norrad

Meditation How?

In the Buqi course I did this summer, there were several ways to meditate:Standing meditation (also known as 'Wuxi-stance'): Put your feet on shoulder width with your toes slightly pointed inwards; bend your knees a bit till they are at the same height of your toes; bow forward till the point 4 fingers under your (umbilical point?) is on the same line with your knees and toes; place your hands at your hips with the palms faced down and try to push your thumb and smallest finger upwards, your middle finger and thumb mouse downwards; pull in your chin but keep your focus at the horizon and stretch the top of the spine (right behind the head); try not to submit to the spontaneous movements; try to empty your mind; your bodyweight must be on the front of your feet at first your calves will hurt, but that's normalLying meditation: lay down on your back with your arms near you and your palms facing the ceiling; push with both the top spine point and the middle of your feet outward and empty your mind.I had much more effect with the standing meditation, but both work. Really brings peace to your mind.Also try to open your eyes while not really opening them (hard to explain, but when you're looking at the sun and you do this, you should see a red/orange color, in darkness it should be black), you might see your own eyes for a flash. Also try to look at the 'third eye', the hollow spot between your eyebrows (more or less)Sitting meditation: can be done on a chair or on the groundchair: go sit on the edge of your chair and stretch your legs until the knees are at same height as your waist; stretch your back and top of spine to the ceiling; put ur hands on your upper legs with the palms upwards; close ur eyes and empty your mindground: sit on ur butt and lay your feet into the opposite upper leg (left foot on right upper leg) so that ur soles point upwards, stretch ur spine and lay your hands as mentioned beforeHope I helped you ^^

Edited by Unstoppable (see edit history)

There are several kinds of meditation.This said, I'll just give a few hints about one that is a good support for them all: quiescence meditation or calm abiding meditation. It's a type of meditation that allows you to develop focused attention. It can go much further, but it starts like that.Start with very small sessions.Don't do anything special.Sit with your spine straight, take a few breaths and focus in your breath for 5 minutes. If feelings or thoughts arise, just bring your attention back to the breath, gently.This is a good starting point.Do it several times a day and find a qualified mediatation teacher to pick up from there.

Meditation is some thing great which eash one has to follow in the daily routeen. The benifits of this is immense. Its just a boon to manking. As the great philosopy and the practice of meditation begin with the civilization of ancient india, the path to attain salvation was considered much more easy through yoga.Recenly as we see all round the gloab it is taken very seriously and i is being practiced in many house.Recenly research evidence show that YOGA has the capacity to cure those deadly disease which has no remedi in the present market in medical shops.After all metalectual purity is far better than taking medicens which has side effects.A secret the indian mythology belive is that the supernatural powers can be attained by deep Yoga and meditation.We in slokas the truth is written very clearly.In yoga breath is said to be the interface between the physical body and the mind. The power of breathing practice to change your state of mind is extremely strong. A breathing practice can last anything from two minutes to half an hour or more.Enjoy Lol

I've tried meditation in our rehab center. It didn't work for me. Dozed off most of the time. We did Yoga too, which is pretty similar to normal stretch exercises but much more demanding.