xisto Community
JasperIk

Video Acceleration

So i want to apologize if this is not the right place, i really don't venture far from where i usually post and as far as i am concerned this is like a whole other world. Plus i only know computers so much, and so placing this was hard since i don't quite know what it is.So i got the desperate housewives game (i love the show, and like games like that...I'm simple okay?) and prior to buying it i had read it had issues but i went ahead and got it anyway. Well...what do you know it has issues. So i put the disk in and it checks for requirements. I pass all but two. 1. Being not enough video memory it requires something like 63 mb or something and i only have 31. That seems like a reasonably easy problem i think right? So then the second is Video Acceleration - it says fail but i have what it so calls requires. So it leads to being a DirectX problem. Now i know nothing about DirectX/Video Acceleration...i don't even know if they are the same thing called two different things i just know DirextX is a problem. Its been a problem before for me when i wanted to install a game it wouldn't let me, even though i had directX. *Note: now when i try to put the disk in to see if it'll install i hit install and the tower makes a lot of noise and nothing happens. I can't return it and even if i could i dont really want to because i want to play the game.

Oh boy, you seem pretty retarded concerning VGA's which is the part of your computer who makes graphics and pictures displays smootehely and fast. You have a very old VGA, 32 Megabyte is concerned 1 over 10, so you better buy a new one with at least 128 megabyte of video ram. Th video acceleration I think it's some kind of a feature of the VGA that most big games needs it to be ably to play it.So if you wanna continue playing games, especially big ones with no problem, you better get a new graphic card, I recommend a Nividia Geforce 4 MX with AGP, for a cheap and nice video card, that all games can be played with.

Oh boy, you seem pretty retarded concerning VGA's which is the part of your computer who makes graphics and pictures displays smootehely and fast. You have a very old VGA, 32 Megabyte is concerned 1 over 10, so you better buy a new one with at least 128 megabyte of video ram. Th video acceleration I think it's some kind of a feature of the VGA that most big games needs it to be ably to play it.
So if you wanna continue playing games, especially big ones with no problem, you better get a new graphic card, I recommend a Nividia Geforce 4 MX with AGP, for a cheap and nice video card, that all games can be played with.

First off i do know what the video card does. I just am/was unaware of how to get it to work and i already know i need to buy another/new one to get the game to work. But i am just unsure of what is wrong with directX and why on the last three computers i have owned it hasn't worked, regardless of how new my stuff inside my computer is. You don't have to call me retarded :P in fact more then anything no matter how you 'meant' it, you don't need to say it at all there's nicer ways of saying that someone doesn't understand something. If i knew what i was dealing with i wouldn't be asking for help now would I? On my laptop i have the same directX issue but have over 100 mb of video memory.

Jasper, I highly recommend you upgrade your video card as the previous poster mentioned. It may not guarantee a perfect experience (which depends on the overall system performance of your CPU, Hard drive, etc. I'm sure if you're feeling cheap, that you can find an entry level 128MB video card on ebay for $20, which should let you play the game smoothly on at least a lower resolution!