xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Watermonkey

To Vaccinate Or Not pros and cons to vaccination

Vaccination is in the news and US Congress lately because of the preservatives and other nasty side effects. The governor of Texas signed an executive order recently encouraging school age girls by threat of expulsion to take the cervical cancer vaccine and they're attempting to pass it off as a "law" and a "mandate" like they do with the other vaccinations. Merck is currently the only company that makes this vaccine and it's being widly viewed as a publicity stunt. But what are the alternatives? Can we go without like before the concept was invented or would there be a new plague to kill off millions of people? Which has the potential to kill more people, deadly vaccinations filled with live viruses and mercury or the spread of small pox or bubonic plague? I'll remain neutral for a while just to see what people think...

Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

Well, cervical cancer is real, and sadly, in my country, not uncommon... It's not contageous, so, I guess passing such executive order, and attempts to make it a law, is not a smart move, I would even call it fascist, and I see it as a great way for that particular company to earn some great money, and some great percent awaits that governor of Texas... But then again, it's just my opinnion...And one thing more... Vaccine against cancer? How come we never heard of that one? I do believe some pharmaceutical companies would love to make some sort of a virus, that only they have a cure fur, and maybe they already did that... But... I dunno...As more and more medications pop out, human race in general, will become less and less resistent to natural illnesses, and much more dependent on pharmaceutical companies and medications, so, I guess companies are getting what they want... In the long run...

Well, cervical cancer is real, and sadly, in my country, not uncommon... It's not contageous,

I've done virtually no research on this other than what I've heard on the radio, but it's my understanding that because a virus causes the cancer, it is in fact contagious.

so, I guess passing such executive order, and attempts to make it a law, is not a smart move, I would even call it fascist, and I see it as a great way for that particular company to earn some great money, and some great percent awaits that governor of Texas... But then again, it's just my opinnion...

Seems reasonable to me...

And one thing more... Vaccine against cancer? How come we never heard of that one? I do believe some pharmaceutical companies would love to make some sort of a virus, that only they have a cure fur, and maybe they already did that... But... I dunno...

Naaaa They would never do something like that! Perish the thought! [/sarcasm] http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

As more and more medications pop out, human race in general, will become less and less resistent to natural illnesses, and much more dependent on pharmaceutical companies and medications, so, I guess companies are getting what they want... In the long run...

In the long run I think they'll have a lot of dead bodies. But then what do I know? I think you're definitely on target with the above statement regarding our lessening ability to fight infections and things as our intake of pharmaceuticals increases.

Right, this may seem a bit silly, but it seems to me that in many countries humans live an 'artificial' sort of lifestyle that contributes a lot to disease.

Well, medicines by themselves are not a bad thing - when I was in the jungle in burma (now myanmar) I used to cure malaria in the people (which is very common there) by using various drugs that I'd brought with me. But of course those jungle folk were malnourished and pretty sickly.

Now, people in civilized countries may not be malnourished, but they lead stressful lives in which the opportunities for exercise are limited. Not to mention the pollution, etc. I think that these things contribute to a great extent to the inability of the body to fight off disease.

Where I live (the Himalayas) we don't lack nourishment, the air is pure, and we are very healthy because half our day is given to various intense exercises (it's interesting), and the other half to relaxing pursuits like painting, calligraphy, writing, reading - oh, all sorts of things. We don't 'earn a living' in the conventional sense - we all lend a hand in the fields sometimes and that's about it. It's a very relaxed lifestyle, and we have EXTREMELY low - so low as to be virtually non-existent - occurrences of physical problems like diabetes, hypertension, excess weight, etc. Even a common cold is uncommon here.

I might point out that our secret is intense exercise, a clean environment, and stress-free living. The downside (to many people) would be that we don't have too many material comforts, but strangely enough we've found we don't need them.

I wouldn't say vaccination is a bad thing, as such. After all, no one needs the black death around. But the way we live might contribute far more to disease than all the vaccines can prevent.

I'm not going to comment on the mercenary aspects of that company potentially making millions, etc. That sort of thing doesn't happen in my immediate area, thank the fates.

Right, this may seem a bit silly, but it seems to me that in many countries humans live an 'artificial' sort of lifestyle that contributes a lot to disease.

Industrialization displaced the "hard life" with another sort of "hard life", know what I mean? So instead of toiling on the farm or in the mines people toiled in factories and so forth, sacraficing their very health for an upgraded standard of living promised, but rarely received.

Well, medicines by themselves are not a bad thing - when I was in the jungle in burma (now myanmar) I used to cure malaria in the people (which is very common there) by using various drugs that I'd brought with me. But of course those jungle folk were malnourished and pretty sickly.

Medicine can be either good or bad depending upon the motives of the organization who controls said medicine. Unfortunately, it's become rather obvious to me and many more, pharmaceutical companies have goals that aren't compatible with good quality of life and a world free of disease and suffering. So, yeah, when you create medicines from what is found in nature as has been done for eons, then medicine is definitely a good thing...

Now, people in civilized countries may not be malnourished, but they lead stressful lives in which the opportunities for exercise are limited. Not to mention the pollution, etc. I think that these things contribute to a great extent to the inability of the body to fight off disease.

Where I live (the Himalayas) we don't lack nourishment, the air is pure, and we are very healthy because half our day is given to various intense exercises (it's interesting), and the other half to relaxing pursuits like painting, calligraphy, writing, reading - oh, all sorts of things. We don't 'earn a living' in the conventional sense - we all lend a hand in the fields sometimes and that's about it. It's a very relaxed lifestyle, and we have EXTREMELY low - so low as to be virtually non-existent - occurrences of physical problems like diabetes, hypertension, excess weight, etc. Even a common cold is uncommon here.

I might point out that our secret is intense exercise, a clean environment, and stress-free living. The downside (to many people) would be that we don't have too many material comforts, but strangely enough we've found we don't need them.

Ok, I'm finally going to ask: What are the logistics involved for you to post here?

I wouldn't say vaccination is a bad thing, as such. After all, no one needs the black death around. But the way we live might contribute far more to disease than all the vaccines can prevent.

I'm not going to comment on the mercenary aspects of that company potentially making millions, etc. That sort of thing doesn't happen in my immediate area, thank the fates.

Mercenary aspects? Now you've opened the box, spill the beans!

My school district board once threatened to suspend a friend of mine because she refused to get the tetanus shot. Indefinitely (i.e., until she agreed to get it). This was despite the handout sent home that said we had a legal right to opt out if we didn't like the risks. It's a pretty stupid policy, especially since it interferes with our rights (well, the rights recognized in Canada, dunno about other places). That being said, I don't think vaccines themselves are really that risky... the worst reaction I've heard or seen recently in my area was a bit of sore muscle after the tetanus shots, and as a school of 800, we've gotten a shot for something every 1 1/2 years or so for the last six years. Though they do inject the virus, its a benign or weak strain that just helps your own body to build up some antibodies. If my school offered the cervical cancer vaccine, I would be more than happy to take it. That being said, its still a personal choice, and I don't think its appropriate for the school to mandate that, especially for a non-contagious disease.

Seriously, vaccinations are awful. As a baby the average vaccination/immunization has 26 times the toxic amount of the neurotoxin mercury. And it's not any better for you when you're older.

Seriously, vaccinations are awful. As a baby the average vaccination/immunization has 26 times the toxic amount of the neurotoxin mercury. And it's not any better for you when you're older.

Am I right in assuming without research that like other neuro-toxins, mercury is cumulative over time, meaning once you've ingested it, there's no getting rid of it? It forms a little ball in the middle of your head and over time can cause Alzheimer's disease? Is that right or am I way off base or somewhere in between? This correlates with my next topic "Fluoride in the drinking water". Fluoride, too, is a neuro-toxin and is cumulative and I believe it combines with aluminum and/or mercury for added fun in the brain. Good times with dementia.
yvette: That's exactly how they do it here in the states. It's basically rule by threat of denial of basic rights and services, a way to circumvent the law. Strangely few complain. Anyway, if I were you I'd be seriously suspect of a system or group of people who force-medicates the population through subterfuge like that. And I'd also avoid whatever that "medicine" is they're forcing on you. Question everything, especially when it comes in a package that's covered with the blood of your countrymen. Ever heard that phrase, "I'm with the government and I'm here to help." Some of the scariest words ever uttered.

There's some evidence apparently that vaccinations and autism are statistically correlated. More research is being done while according to some autism has reached epidemic proportions in recent years. It's the mercury in the vaccines used as a preservative that's being blamed for it all.

Today, the 22 FEB 07, I heard that Merck has backed off the whole thing and the CEO of many years is stepping down along with a lot of other high level executives. Gov. Perry of TX is still sticking to his guns though, but I imagine the rest of the state is just trying to ignore him at this point. Apparently the vaccine only treats 4 out of more than 120 variations of the Pentaloma(sp?) virus thus making it almost completely ineffective anyway. There are so many known side-effects, too, that the vaccine isn't even FDA approved and many MDs are vocally opposed to using it.
Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

Vaccination is in the news and US Congress lately because of the preservatives and other nasty side effects. The governor of Texas signed an executive order recently encouraging school age girls by threat of expulsion to take the cervical cancer vaccine and they're attempting to pass it off as a "law" and a "mandate" like they do with the other vaccinations. Merck is currently the only company that makes this vaccine and it's being widly viewed as a publicity stunt. But what are the alternatives? Can we go without like before the concept was invented or would there be a new plague to kill off millions of people? Which has the potential to kill more people, deadly vaccinations filled with live viruses and mercury or the spread of small pox or bubonic plague? I'll remain neutral for a while just to see what people think...

Well, I do go to school in Texas, and I must say I STRONGLY disagree with it. I plan not to have sex untill I am maried, and Rick Perry has no buissness sticking his big nose in places where it doesn't belong. I don't care if I get expelled. He can get over it. Besides, I am in middle school, and only one girl has had a baby.

Well, I do go to school in Texas, and I must say I STRONGLY disagree with it. I plan not to have sex untill I am maried, and Rick Perry has no buissness sticking his big nose in places where it doesn't belong. I don't care if I get expelled. He can get over it. Besides, I am in middle school, and only one girl has had a baby.

You're in middle school and you've got a classmate who's had a baby? Wow! Make sure you stand by your guns as it were and tell that governor Perry where to stick it when they come trying to stick needles in you! I'm glad you're already aware of the charade. Stay WAY away from fluoride too. It's in many (most?) food products that contain water and it's in many dental hygiene products as well. I've been meaning to type up a thread on those dangers too. Keep an eye out in the "What is" forum in the coming days.