xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Matrixdudej

War Is Becoming Like A Videogame

thinking about it war is turning into people at consoles now yes there still is physical activity but its decreased alot if you think about it during the U.S. civil war you actually had to look into the faces of the people you killed and now its becoming less and less you never have to think about if that person has a family or anything also think about the atomic bomb that ended WW2? i forget but i think ww2 of course it was a big decision however you dont see the whites eave peoples eyes its becoming souless fighting i guess i just thought about this and just wanted to say t no point i guess just wanted to share my ideas

Um, I don't see the real point in this thread. And, your really not making much sense.. Your trying to compare war with a video game? The way your talking in the first post makes you seem like a kid who heard something on the news, and trying to act like you know everything about war's. I'm telling you right now I don't know much about war, even though I know bits and peices from history class and other resources, i'm not gonna try and make a thread comparing war to a video game any day. Video game = virtual, War = Real life. You just can't compare something virtual to something thats real. That's just common knowledge. That's just my opinion, really.

im comparing it to a videogame because now all it seems like is people sitting at consoles and preesing buttons to make stuff move and shoot like umm auto turrets do you see people standing at the auto turrets no and like i said there is no point to this thread just thought of something i wanted to say

I doubt you would say the same after walking down the streets of Iraq, maybe you won't be looking at faces you will kill, but faces that might kill you. I'd be real surprised if you didn't think about all those families around you all the time while you hold your riffle at them, and your family is so far away. Maybe your right, but being in the military hasn't given me those feelings you speak off, it's made me think more about family then ever. It makes being back home all the sweeter and lets you cherish it better. You have to experience the feelings, you can't describe it, but it is nowhere near people at consoles.

i guarantee if i was walking down those streets i would not be speaking this way however i dont and i bilieve that your not feeling about their families and stuff as much but more so your own family but then again this is coming from someone who hasnt been walking down the streets of iraq but just wanted to share this ;)

Wow. Oh my god, how can you ever compare War to a video game. I presume of course that you have never had any active military service? Try going down to your local AFCO (Armed Forces Careers Office) and telling one of the soldiers there that you think war is like a videogame. Oh and yes I am in the military. The army.It actually insults me to think that I spend hours everyday in the gym and out running, on assault courses and at the shooting ranges to prepare myself physically and mentally for when I am on operations. For when I put MY life in danger to save other peoples. Take a walk down to a site like liveleak.com. Download a few videos and watch what it is actually LIKE to be at war.I can't believe that someone would be so inconsiderate to think that war is oh it's alright it's just like playing coutner strike you respawn after each round! Bull! Over one thousand americans have been killed in Iraq and about 130 british, KILLED! That means there's no respawning and their families have to deal with it.During Operation Telic, the invasion of Iraq the news showed the odd video of people on operations, all on patrols. It rarely ever (if ever at all) showed videos of what TRUE front line soldiering is about, people straight out of college, 18 - 21, right in teh firein range on the enemy. Iraq insurgents only twenty meters away. Mortars droping right next to you.Believe it or not I have never feared for my life playing a video game. I doubt 1200 people have died playing video games. I am insulted. I do NOT believe war is or ever will be like a video game. Sorry for the stern post but I do believe that it had to be said, and I am sure that every single soldier that serves beside me would agree.

War has never changed, video games are becoming more like wars. With more easier ways to get online people can challenge other people more easier. People competting against each other this is the basics of Warfare.

well wars are in some point advancing to the same point as games dothe fire arms they use get more advanced and the usage of guns like turrets is also different now then many years agoyou could say that wars are becoming a video game, but in fact it are the games that are moving more towards the warsan objective that you must get fullfilled, using more advanced weapons then there exist, but still it's that one same objectivegames are based on war facts, not the opposite !!!!there are many things that show that wars are surely not becoming games like "respawning"you ever saw a person respawn in a war ? let that question run around in your head and you will see that wars are the most horrible thing that you will ever encounterimagine the feelings the families of those killed people are having now...

WAr will EVENTUALLY be all technolgically done. It will turn into a big video game, with one or two people controling hundreds of robots capitable of doing a lot fo damage to antire countries. But, for now, war is war. Nukes and so on will be used soon i would imagine, as teh US and other nations are becoming ever more tense towards each other.

no, war is actually relying more on strategic weapons than conventional weapons. War is more like:If you don't hand over those 10kgs of plutonium we'll send our Spectre Gunship over there, you hear me?Oh yea, we hear you. If you send that gunship over we'll give this plutonium to those dodge looking people with Ak-47s over there.So instead of sending in huge regiments of armed forces to invade, they re negotiating or threatening.

Well I wouldn't agree with you completely on this one. What if you are threating to me to give you some biohazard weaponry and I in fact don't have it. And then you invade me because you think that I am dangerous for you. No war will continue and in the near future I consider there will be more conflict and less talk. See what happened with Iraq they haven't found any weapons of mass destruction but they did and are happy to use Iraq's oil.It is about strategy and strategic weaponry but more about tomahawk missile and scuds and other similar weaponry like sea bombardment and furthermore high stratosphere bombers and so on, which in fact is used in war today.