xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
matak

Hacker Attack Against 13 Internet Backbones Largest Attack Against internet since 2002

It was usual attack with idea to transfer mayor amounts of data at the same time in order to choke internet pipelines. Among the 13 computers handling UltraDNS service, computers of US Department of defense was targeted also. It was smart and well planned attack that was traced back to South Korea, but internet didn't suffer any mayor damage, that was testament to resilliance of internet. Woaha, we still have it! ;)

Here's the first article i googled about this Australian

Sounds interesting, from what i read on that link you gave it sounds like an attempted denial of service through bottlenecking and overloading the machines with too much data to handle. Ive always thought that if i was a hacker, a very good hacker, to cause a lot of damage i could do a denial of service attack on the DNS systems and bring the internet back to the stneage of typing in IP addresses. Its a promising sign though that the internet can cope with such attacks, im just waiting for america to claim it was an incitement to war or something...