xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TypoMage

Wizart.co.nr What do you think of my website?

;) Hello everyone. I made a new website and was wondering if you could give me some tips and tell me if there is anything wrong about it.
The thing I love about my site is normally the adress is wicked long! (Sub-Domain) But I masked it. (Or something like that I forgot what it was called)
Tell me if you like the template or any of the games.
And also this site is not finished yet. I will always add more stuff!

Wizart.Co.nr

The font on the main page is kind of big. I'd think maybe a smaller font with Verdana or Tahoma would be nice.I don't think it's a bad little site, at all. It has potential, as far as I can tell. You just need to liven it up a tad. Everything on it is really big. Perhaps size it down just a little bit.Hope this helps at all.

Thanks alot! Everything anyone has to say is a huge help. I will try and make it smaller. And while I am at it I will add a some more content thanks again for the help and advice.

It looks quite a good site, includes a lot of text. However, I would still say the text is a couple of sizes too big. If you could decrease the font size by just a little bit, it would fit in nicely and you'd be able to clearly see the bigger font is the title (at the moment, there isn't a lot of difference between the two font sizes).Also, if possible I would steer clear of freewebs and try to design something on your own. There are many WYSIWYG (What-you-see-is-what-you-get) web authoring programs out there, most of which provide their own templates to enable you to create a professional looking website without any knowledge of html. Freewebs spoil their customer's websites by the amount of advertisements and banners they put on their site and everybody who knows freewebs also know that you didn't really produce a lot for the site (you didn't touch the template or anything), you simply just loaded the freewebs site and typed in the text and pressed save.I know I've mentioned a lot of negative things about your website being hosted on freewebs, but I feel constructive criticism is better than telling you everything is fine. The bad points highlight what it is that needs to be changed.I agree what Autumn said above, your website certainly has potential, so if I was you, I'd move away from freewebs, get to know a what-you-see-is-what-you-get editor such as FrontPage or Dreamweaver and create something you're going to like, something creative.

Most of the fonts are one or two sizes too big, and its probably a good idea if you put each of your games on seperate pages.... it's sort of harsh to have to download 3+ flash files to play one of the games, and if you're going to be adding more to the site... you get the picture. :P I dunno if freewebs supports PHP, but it would be pretty easy to make a script that serves up one at a time (saves you from making a seperate HTML file for each).

:P I wish I could move away from Freewebs, but I need to know a good program that is free. ( And if you download the program how would it publish it into the internet? Would that cost money? ) I am $0.00 On a website making budget, I have no money that could help me with a site. :DThanks for all of the help.

I'll suggest you put a little bit more colours, not all people enjoy the dark look. And I think you can do better with the font. The size needs a liitle ajusment, but it doesn't look too wizardy to me....In general it looks cool. Nice idea. Put some shoulder into it and it may become a place someone will gladly bookmark.:P

Edited by everflame (see edit history)

First put the google ads within the website (rightside), need some more color, black and grey don't really cut it anymore, maybe a coloful image or two, of course needs more content.

sorry to say, but it looks too big, that freewebs bar is annoying, and you should learn how to code and script, i can tell that u are using the freewebs web wizard...trust me, if u wrote all the code urself, the website would look much better, assuming u can code css that is, well, good luck ;)

Your Site is great but i think the font is two big and i don't like your background color. Please try to make forecolor and backgroung color matching so your sites seems great. The content of the site is great. Try to update your site.