xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
communitykat

Help Launching My Organization Site Need to have page set up soon

I need some help. Don't know if it is possible for anyone to give me easy tips on how to launch my website, but I need it. Our organization has big events coming up and I need a front page where I can have links to online applications and registries for volunteers. Anyone have any suggestions? I do have dreamweaver on my reg. computer and I am kind of familiar with HTML, but I am not familiar with all of the administration tools. I would love to set it up on my JOOMLA account, but nothing seems to be coming up on my webpage, and I cannot figure our how to manipulate the web tools for JOOMLA....PLEASE HELP!!The big event I need the webpage for is a FOLK FEST. I need to be able to register volunteers etc.....;)I could only install one MySql database. I could use some tips on the post indentifications of databases i.e. .forum etc...Wenever I try to install something else the site says only one database can be stored in the core or something like that....;)Also, I have joomla as my only installed database, but I cannot figure out how to manage the tables. On PhpMyAdmin I can see all of the different elements (blogs, chats) that have been uploaded, but nothing show on my webpage, and I cannot figure out how to manipulate these elements (blogs, chats, etc.) to make them show up and work at my domain page.I am crying out for help ;)

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Hi, joomla is fairly simple. try clearing everything up, then install joomla (Its installer can setup the database automatically, you just have to input the correct mysql info). Then when your site is up already, try entering on the administration control panel (yoursite.com/administrator) then install components that suit your needs, also modules and other addons would be of great help.joomla.org community is also very active and very much helpful to people like you, so you should check that out too!