xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DjLuki

Windows Xp Issues log-in screen

Hey, today when i was about to shut down my computer, i accidently clicked the LOG OUT button and than logged off.. but now whenever i restart my computer that log-in screen always pops up.. anyone have any idea how i can get rid of this? whenver i try to shut down my computer now, it comes up to so i don't want to see it.. how can i get rid of it?

If you're the only user, remove your password for your account. This is the first step of removing the Log On screen.And to change how it is logged in, go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Change the way users log on or off

the problem is i don't have a password set up, i can log in by leaving the pasword field blank, and i did go to the control panel and changed the settings so it doesn't come up, but its still doing it.

I was hoping that would have been the solution.

The next is to edit your registry...which I do not recommend

Bypass The Windows XP Log On Screen?
To make logon an unattended process:

Click [start][Run] and type control userpasswords2

Click [OK]

The [user Accounts] Property Sheet displays.

On [users] tab, clear the [users must enter a user name and password to use this computer] check box.

Click [Apply].

Enter a user name and password that should be used to logon automatically in the dialog box that appears.
Click [OK].

Go to [Control Panel] [user Accounts] [Change the Way Users Log On and Off].

Uncheck [use the Welcome Screen] and [use Fast User Switching]

This article is simply asking you to uncheck those options under the configure window.

Windows is not so good. Most people don't like windows for many reasons. No good support and many unexpected things happen in windows. I recommend you get another OS. I personally have to use windows because my father likes it and i don't have my own PC yet. He is slowly understanding that windows is not so great after all and he let me slowly install Linux on. You should do the same.

I doubt this is a reason to switch OS lol. This also happened to but I decided to ignore it. I guess you could run system restore and it should be fine. I'm gonna try and mess around with it for now and if anything useful happens I'll post here.