xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
caos dreamer

Server Availability

Recently i experienced that my pages was not reachable several times. i have enaugh hosting credits and iam the onliest to view the page (still building it). has Xisto any hosting issues that could cause this or is this usual? iam new here so dont wonderthanksCaos~

Are you getting any error pages? What message is your Browser stating for these times when the pages are not available? Keep track of the messages and report them here the next time this happens. Might be a server error, but might not. There are a lot of links in the chain from your computer to the server and back. The problem could be anywhere. The Error Messages might be valuable in tracking the problem.

Hmm... Gamma is always down. That's why I got moved on my other website that is hosted by Xisto - Web Hosting from the Gamma server to Delta. I suppose it is a bit un-reliable that server, or were they doing some hardware upgrades as such?

The servers do go down sometimes that because either someone is sending mass emails, or someone didn't close their scripts properly. Now if your site looks like it is down check the server status by going here.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Usually it takes 5-10 minutes for the serer to come back up sometimes even quicker or even longer depending on the situation.

And they go, it's all her/his fault. Someone has to spoil it for the rest, eh? Is there a way of tracing who his doing this? Then alerting who ever it is to tell them, as it really does put everyone else down and in a way it is being selfish.

i think Xisto can monitzor tha scripts that are using too much cpu. i just wondered because i was getting timeouts and white pages instead of my page but now everything is fine again. that time the server response was very slow so i think it was caused by sime scripts that used too much resources of the server.

I know for a fact that all hosted sites at Xisto.com are using the gamma servers and although the downtime is very short, but I would like to not see my site go down so often. Is there a way for us to actually move to another server for free? I know Xisto - Web Hosting.com uses the alpha server but until I get a credit card, it is unlikely I would be able to move to Xisto - Web Hosting.com and to a better server.

Here is another trick to see if gamma server is down.Let's define what actually included in down time. When a server refuses any connection, this is called the down time. But, if your site cannot be opened because your site depends on SQL database, this is not a down time.A hint: the animated blue Xisto - Web Hosting ad next to Chitika is hosted with the gamma server. Since I have only seen it once to not appear, gamma server is not considered down. HTTP service has rarely gone down so it's mostly a database related issue. This is also where the most abuse comes for any server issues.So, if you cannot see this blue Xisto - Web Hosting animated ad, THEN the gamma server is down. If not, the problem is elsewhere--either your database cannot be opened, ISP or firewall is preventing or the server is refusing your connection at the moment (block or ban).I hope that sheds some light into this whole "server down" misunderstanding. :PPS, this is another reason why I placed something that is linked from gamma server to this forum page. It's a faster and quicker check of server status.

It sure did, BuffaloHELP! Thank you very much for the, hmm... telling us what it meant ;). My site depends on MySQL, so kinder I am in trouble if it goes down. Anyway, I am on Delta now and I never see that go down.

every server will have SQL problems at one time or another. You should try and make your site less SQL dependant though so that if the SQL server does go down you still have a site