xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
caos dreamer

Hosting Credits / Adverts if they expire

hi i just got hosted by you (thank you very much iam still amazed by all te options i have). i think i got the whole system with the hosting credits so far and if i understuood right, your hosting account will be "freezed" if your credits expire. now here is my question: would it be possible to view ads on the pages of the hosted pages of the account instead of freezing it? this way people could go on vacation without having to fear that the credits are not enaugh. or something else : hosted acconts with less than 5 credits get popups on their pages and everything above 5 posts is ads free.iam sorry if i issed something but all those tutorials confused me a bit :Pthanks

That is a good suggestion caos dreamer, but it is entirely against the principle of Xisto to be completely Ad Free.You've just got only the 3 options given by electriic ink.

@ electriic : this wasnt a question, it was a suggestion to the trap 17 team. maybe i expressed myself a bit strange because i was in a hurry while typing this@ delivi: didnt see that aspect... now something similar :P add an option for users to select if they want to display ads or not. if they allow ads, reduce the needed credits per day to 0 or lower them by 50% or such. this way users are free to choose and they could fit the needed credits per day more to their forum activity. the thin i want to avoid is that the page is not acessable for the users and i think iam not the only one.

Trap17 has a sister free web hosting project that offers just that but with 333MB of space and 3,333MB of bandwidth and a MYSQL database. There are no credits, instant activation and ads. It is called Xisto.net.

For this reason, it is unlikely that such an alternative would be offered. Thank you for your suggestion though.

Trap17 has 2 directions: adless and with ads. Of course being adless, there is a price to be paid and that is the posting requirement, the more longer the post, the more credits you get. And with ads, you don't need to post. Of course most of us choose the first option which is to be adless, who would want a website to be filled with ads not related to the content you are thinking of putting on the site? This suggestion would be useful but it is not viable for the reason that it goes against the direction/motto of Xisto.com which is adless. To make yourself free from all these risk, I would suggest you to simply have the habit of visiting the forum regularly, not necessarily everyday but maybe every few days and a week and simply post quality posts and you will be fine. I have been here since 31st August and I have had some emergencies where I had to be away from the forums but I had no problems as I have always been a regular visitor of this forum.

Quite a good idea, but I don't think they will do anything about this issue. All I recommend is to get your hosting days up to say, if you were going on holiday for 14 days, get 20 days of hosting credits. That's personaly what I would do in this case. Or if you don't want to do this, you will simply just have to let your account suspend it's self. That's the rules, and that's what will happen.Have a great day!-Tom

hehe tank you for quoting all the rules i have already read :P no seriously iam really confident with the things now but i just had an idea and thought it could improve this hostig service even more. but about the suspension... the time your acc is suspended, what will be shown to the visitors? a 404 page or something thet explains the situation?

I really like this suggestion. I mean, the best part about Xisto is all the great features that they give you without having to post ads on your site, but sometimes when things get busy I don't make it back to post on time and my site goes down for a day or two. I'd much rather have some ads showing on my site for those days rather than the site going down completely.I know that I'd rather not have the ads, so that would keep me coming back to post, but I could rest easier knowing that my site isn't going to be suspended if I forget again to post on time. Because lets face it, I'm not perfect at posting lol...

thats why iam requesting this. not to change anything at the motto of trap 17 - i just love it but this would make the whole thing even more attractive to the users and Xisto wouldn have a loss with it. i think they deserved to get some money if a user is inactive for longer time and instead of suspending his acc, ads should be fine and do the job - bring the user back to the forum to get a rid of the ads- aswell. i understand that this would be a big change but users should be free to choose if they want suspension of their acc or ads view so there is no conflict with the motto

The whole point of Xisto' hosting is so there are never any ads on your hosting. All you need to do is make some posts and you will get a few credits. If you post before you go on holiday and make enough to keep your hosting whilst you are inactive you wont have a problem. Although it may seem like a good idea to some people it would completely change Xisto reputation of 'Free Web Hosting NO ads'. Also the amount of coding that OpaQue would have to do would be huge.

i see so basicially this is a good idea but its just at the wrong place.

caos dreamer: i think everyone here has already told you: it goes against the moral of Xisto, and the admins will never implement it. PM BuffaloHELP or OpaQue if you don't believe me. We've all seen those dodgy sites that offer "free _______ " and when you scroll down to the fineprint, it is very disappointing. We don't want Xisto to become one of those sites.The credits system is very generous. Don't just take my word for it: see the Xisto reviews at free-webhosts.com
As long as you make quality posts, you should be able to earn at least 5 credits each hour. (sounds like wages, doesn't it?). Meaning that if you spend, say 1 hour on the forums each day for about 3 days a week, in one month, you'll have 44 credits (I've taken into account the credits you lose each day).
That gives you enough time for a decent holiday to disneyland, doesn't it?
Or a lengthly spell in hospital, if you're less optimistic :P

this was only a SUGGESTION and was ment to be OPTIONAL for users. i see that its against the moral but i just thought "hey iam new here and why shouldn?t i come up here with my ideas" you guys repeat the same stuff over and over again without bringing new arguments to this topic. i know i know its because of the credits and i dont care how you get them i only would be happy that if you dont have anything to say, no new argument, an opinion or useful comment just let it be. its not funny o read the same stuff about a suggestion over and over again.this is no offense its just a statement by me