xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowx

Anyone Know Prices For Laptop Service in UK? need keyboard replaced but dont know how much it will cost

Hi allAnyone know the price to have an advent 7096 keyboard replaced at somewhere like pc world?i really need it replaced! I spilt tea on it!By the way, I'm in the uk!

I draw your attention to the following links.

http://www.adventsupport.com/viewforum.php?f=1

Laptop repair out of UK (I think although the domain is from the UK)

http://www.dab-solutions.co.uk/

That should get you going shadowx.

As far as I can remember, PC World charge a flat fee of ?30 for what they usefully call an "upgrade". I think it refers to a hardware upgrade or replacement, but they say you have to purchase the parts from PC World, and it is unlikely they will have the keyboard you need. Try calling the manufacturer and ordering a keyboard. They should have them in stock and even though you will have to pay, you are certain it will work with your laptop. You should also get some installation instructions with it.

Unfortunately, these problems can only be solved by the manufacturer of your laptop. The keyboard is nothing like the desktop's keyboard, when spoilt you can head downtown and buy a replacement for a cheap price. You should check whether you are still under warranty for your laptop if not you are going to have to pay a price.

Well...ten seconds ago i took a closer look at one of the lights which i had assumed before was a key stuck light and i thought maybe the function key was stuck and that was the problem...however, theres a little number "1" on that light so i thought maybe its the num-lock light and....it is/was so after taking num lock off the keyboard now works as it should...well almost, the equals and zero keys dont work which is very annoying but i can type on it at least. Such an idiot i am! :P Thanks for the suggestions though because the keyboard still isnt perfect so i will be getting it sorted soon hopefully. Ill have a look around and get some quotes and see who is the best, yes i am a tight-wad! but im a student so its not my fault! Thanks people :P