xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SportsLegends

George Bush Vs. All

When the Arab world hated George W. Bush, I didn't mind. I know that our cultures have completely different values, and my values happen to coincide more closely with Bush's.When the Democratic Party started to hate Bush, I wasn't concerned. Of course members of the opposing political party are going to have contrasting views with the President. But now that even the Republican Party is turning against him, I am concerned. Very. Going against the advice of the most prominent military generals, his cabinet, and just about every human being who is interested in the Iraq war, Bush decided to send an additional 20,000 troops to Iraq. I STILL believe that George Bush is doing what he truly believes to be the right thing. But at what point do you stop and think to yourself, am I wrong, or is the entire world wrong? If Bush ever asked himself this question, apparently he decided that the latter was at fault.I am a Republican, and I will probably always vote Republican, simply because my beliefs coincide with the party platform (gay marriage, abortion, tax cuts, etc.) But Bush has single-handedly given the Democrats an enormous advantage in the next few elections. Congress already is now Democratic, and only a catastrophic failure would keep the Democrats from taking the White House, too. The only way that the Democrats might fail to win the presidency is if they make Hillary Clinton their candidate. Even though America is moving gradually further left, Clinton is not the type of person that mainstream Americans can identify with and vote for. I think that John Edwards would be a good candidate for the Democratic Party, and John McCain would be the best candidate from the Republicans. It should be an interested next couple of years, watching the last few years of Bush's remarkable presidency, and seeing who takes his place.

Totally agree, as much as I wish Al Gore was president, or John Kerry, I will stick with Bush and will respect him. I hope that his next 4 is better htne previous 4 and hope he will end the war in Iraq as peacful as he can!

Interesting to read about your views. I am European and though I respect your attitude towards George W. Bush I have no comprehension for it, as hard has I try. What bugs me most is that sane and intelligent people trust a president who provingly led a nation into a war based on lies and deceit. But I am always curious to read opinions from Americans - maybe I will learn to understand... though I doubt it! In the end we are all victims of the society we grew up in. :P

I've a good number of friends across the puddle and they've never had a problem expressing their utter disgust with the man we call President these days. If you take yourself out of the picture, imagine being from another country entirely with no vested interest in the US, what have you really got when you look at that man?1. He looks like a chimpanzee. Akin to Pat Robertson from the 700 club.2. He's illiterate...or appears to be anyway. His "Bush-isms" over the years have all been classics. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...well...the King will not be fooled again!" I may have misquoted that, but I don't think so.3. He arrogant....which is baffling because he's also usually wrong. I'd say he borders on being a complete *BLEEP*-head.4. He's short.5. He's girly...puckers his lips when he's mad. Calls it his "scowl". Sorry, George, got yerself quite a puss there.6. He's a reforming drug addict and alcoholic.7. He's a Daddy's boy, rich kid and draft dodger.8. He's a religious FREAK.9. He's a bigot.and tonight's number 10 answer:10. He's our PRESIDENT! HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN?? I know I didn't vote for him. Al Gore was ROBBED.He will go down in history as the worst president of the United States EVER and I don't see that ever changing. And when he's gone, he will not be missed and he will not do a single, goddamned thing to try and save his image. Most presidents get BETTER after they retire (Jimmy Carter anyone?). This guy is a bonafide retard *bottom* boob and I cannot wait for his day to come.Ah...there, I feel better now. Thanks for listening. :P

I've a good number of friends across the puddle and they've never had a problem expressing their utter disgust with the man we call President these days. If you take yourself out of the picture, imagine being from another country entirely with no vested interest in the US, what have you really got when you look at that man?
1. He looks like a chimpanzee. Akin to Pat Robertson from the 700 club.
2. He's illiterate...or appears to be anyway. His "Bush-isms" over the years have all been classics. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...well...the King will not be fooled again!" I may have misquoted that, but I don't think so.
3. He arrogant....which is baffling because he's also usually wrong. I'd say he borders on being a complete *BLEEP*-head.
4. He's short.
5. He's girly...puckers his lips when he's mad. Calls it his "scowl". Sorry, George, got yerself quite a puss there.
6. He's a reforming drug addict and alcoholic.
7. He's a Daddy's boy, rich kid and draft dodger.
8. He's a religious FREAK.
9. He's a bigot.
and tonight's number 10 answer:
10. He's our PRESIDENT! HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN?? I know I didn't vote for him. Al Gore was ROBBED.

He will go down in history as the worst president of the United States EVER and I don't see that ever changing. And when he's gone, he will not be missed and he will not do a single, goddamned thing to try and save his image. Most presidents get BETTER after they retire (Jimmy Carter anyone?). This guy is a bonafide retard *bottom* boob and I cannot wait for his day to come.

Ah...there, I feel better now. Thanks for listening. :P

You hate just for the sake of hating. None of what you said above is substantive. Looks, ability to read a tele-prompter, religious freak, girlie. All immature, pointless, witless, shallow, ignorant things to say when criticizing someone. I challenge you to go read a speech from a tele-prompter. It's not as easy as it looks.

The Bush family has been in control constantly since Jimmy "Commie" Carter when he was the director of CIA. While he was V.P. under Reagan he was the man in charge behind the scenes just like Cheney is now. He "annointed" Clinton and he handles his brat, GW, like a poodle on a leash. There hasn't been a free election in this country since before Kennedy (That election was stolen in Illinois, if memory serves). Look past the president, he's not the guy in charge anyway. Just another in a long line of puppets.

When the Arab world hated George W. Bush, I didn't mind. I know that our cultures have completely different values, and my values happen to coincide more closely with Bush's.
When the Democratic Party started to hate Bush, I wasn't concerned. Of course members of the opposing political party are going to have contrasting views with the President.

But now that even the Republican Party is turning against him, I am concerned. Very. Going against the advice of the most prominent military generals, his cabinet, and just about every human being who is interested in the Iraq war, Bush decided to send an additional 20,000 troops to Iraq.

I STILL believe that George Bush is doing what he truly believes to be the right thing. But at what point do you stop and think to yourself, am I wrong, or is the entire world wrong? If Bush ever asked himself this question, apparently he decided that the latter was at fault.

I am a Republican, and I will probably always vote Republican, simply because my beliefs coincide with the party platform (gay marriage, abortion, tax cuts, etc.) But Bush has single-handedly given the Democrats an enormous advantage in the next few elections. Congress already is now Democratic, and only a catastrophic failure would keep the Democrats from taking the White House, too. The only way that the Democrats might fail to win the presidency is if they make Hillary Clinton their candidate. Even though America is moving gradually further left, Clinton is not the type of person that mainstream Americans can identify with and vote for. I think that John Edwards would be a good candidate for the Democratic Party, and John McCain would be the best candidate from the Republicans. It should be an interested next couple of years, watching the last few years of Bush's remarkable presidency, and seeing who takes his place.

I think that even if he believes what he is doing is right (don't most people?), what is more important is whether what he is doing is good for the world. I don't know what he thinks he is, but I think Bush will go down as a very bad president. Many Republicans could have been way better. Many Democrats also.

I don't want Hillary Clinton to run, and though I might be considered liberal (which apparently everyone who doesn't like Bush has to be), if Clinton runs I would seriously consider voting for the Republican. Especially Chuck Hagel. I would definitely vote for Chuck Hagel over Clinton. Everyone else in the Democratic party, Obama, Edwards, etc. I would prefer to see as a president than Hillary.

You hate just for the sake of hating. None of what you said above is substantive.

Agreed. I've always hated political bush humor, chimp references and all. It's disgusting and stupid and everyone would be better off without it.

You hate just for the sake of hating. None of what you said above is substantive. Looks, ability to read a tele-prompter, religious freak, girlie. All immature, pointless, witless, shallow, ignorant things to say when criticizing someone. I challenge you to go read a speech from a tele-prompter. It's not as easy as it looks.
The Bush family has been in control constantly since Jimmy "Commie" Carter when he was the director of CIA. While he was V.P. under Reagan he was the man in charge behind the scenes just like Cheney is now. He "annointed" Clinton and he handles his brat, GW, like a poodle on a leash. There hasn't been a free election in this country since before Kennedy (That election was stolen in Illinois, if memory serves). Look past the president, he's not the guy in charge anyway. Just another in a long line of puppets.

That's basically what I had in mind. Then I read your post and decided not to repeat you :P

I will add, however, that I cannot think of any Presidents who *didn't* do goofy, weird things while they were in office. Bush, Jr. choked on a pretzel. Clinton messed himself up jogging. Bush Sr. threw up on a Japanese official. Ford...well, Ford just fell down a lot.

None of these types of things make a President good or bad. They just...well, they definitely give "Saturday Night Live" fodder. And they make me laugh even if I support that particular President.

Besides: can anybody tell me what we would have gotten had Kerry won? Nobody knows because Kerry said one thing one day and switched his position the next day. I didn't particularly care for the guy and am still glad that he didn't take the White House.

That's basically what I had in mind. Then I read your post and decided not to repeat you :P

I will add, however, that I cannot think of any Presidents who *didn't* do goofy, weird things while they were in office. Bush, Jr. choked on a pretzel. Clinton messed himself up jogging. Bush Sr. threw up on a Japanese official. Ford...well, Ford just fell down a lot.

None of these types of things make a President good or bad. They just...well, they definitely give "Saturday Night Live" fodder. And they make me laugh even if I support that particular President.

Besides: can anybody tell me what we would have gotten had Kerry won? Nobody knows because Kerry said one thing one day and switched his position the next day. I didn't particularly care for the guy and am still glad that he didn't take the White House.

I love to compare Kerry and Bush. From memory:

Bush had a very slightly better GPA in Yale, though they both were just one skipped class for their S&B meeting from being thrown out.

They were both in the Navy I believe as was Ford, Daddy Bush, and Carter. Strange Navy theme going in recent history...

GW is just slightly more related to the British throne than Kerry, though they're both cousins of each other and the crown.

Both Skull & Bones members

I don't think there was any difference which is one way they fix elections here. Either way things would be as bad or worse because they'd both be working for global corporations, not "We the people."

And I'm not liberal. Quite the opposite actually. True conservatives absolutely despise the Bush monarchy. They stand for everything we oppose.

When the Arab world hated George W. Bush, I didn't mind. I know that our cultures have completely different values, and my values happen to coincide more closely with Bush's.
When the Democratic Party started to hate Bush, I wasn't concerned. Of course members of the opposing political party are going to have contrasting views with the President.

But now that even the Republican Party is turning against him, I am concerned. Very. Going against the advice of the most prominent military generals, his cabinet, and just about every human being who is interested in the Iraq war, Bush decided to send an additional 20,000 troops to Iraq.

I STILL believe that George Bush is doing what he truly believes to be the right thing. But at what point do you stop and think to yourself, am I wrong, or is the entire world wrong? If Bush ever asked himself this question, apparently he decided that the latter was at fault.

I am a Republican, and I will probably always vote Republican, simply because my beliefs coincide with the party platform (gay marriage, abortion, tax cuts, etc.) But Bush has single-handedly given the Democrats an enormous advantage in the next few elections. Congress already is now Democratic, and only a catastrophic failure would keep the Democrats from taking the White House, too. The only way that the Democrats might fail to win the presidency is if they make Hillary Clinton their candidate. Even though America is moving gradually further left, Clinton is not the type of person that mainstream Americans can identify with and vote for. I think that John Edwards would be a good candidate for the Democratic Party, and John McCain would be the best candidate from the Republicans. It should be an interested next couple of years, watching the last few years of Bush's remarkable presidency, and seeing who takes his place.

I'm not an American but I just cant understand why Bush won the last election. Was it not proof enough the Bush is a liar when he led America to a war supposed to be because WMD but in the end there is none and it was clear the the intention is to put up a puppet regime to control the most valuable asset of Iraq which is oil. The puppet regime that your government installed in Iraq can not even provide evidence that WMD exist. My point is if there really is WMD it would not be hard to find it now since Saddam is long gone. Such an act of deceit coming from your leader is not acceptable but yet most of the American citizen vote for him. Is American citizen getting naive when it comes to political choices?

George bush is an idiot. No offence :( .

I dont mean to say hes evil or anything, or all this bad stuff that's his government are doing is because of him....i just think he's a fairly simple dude who is merely a puppet....

the real bad guys are the people behind him who control him.

the oil companies.....*BLEEP* cheney, condoleeza rice.....the arms companies, possibly even the CIA. Bush clearly didn't have the capability to win an election, or to run the government afterwards - correction - he didnt win the election, his brother jeb bush and the supreme court did :P

the idea that george bush has any power whatsoever is ridiculous...