xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nutsnvolks

Weight Loss, Your Way? with all the differant methods what works best for you?

I've tried a lot of diets and only had real success with 2 of them.On the Atkin's diet I lost 21 pounds in 24 days. Then I ate one cookie and it was over, I couldn't control my cravings. The weight did stay off for about 8 months until Halloween and the whole holiday season hit. The biggest problem with the Atkin's diet for me was not the first time I was on it, but the 2nd time. I could fool my body once, but not twice. I tried again when the new year hit, I only lost about a pound per week and I had headaches from lack of any carbs. I also seemed to have odd changes in my personality. Things I cared about before held no interest for me. I was grouchy and irritable for over a month. Finally gave up and had my personality back within 10 minutes of eating bread. Couldn't dump that weight.Several years later I tried a juice diet where I lost 50 pounds in 2 1/2 months. I'd make homemade fruit juice for breakfast plus any fruit I wanted to eat whole, Homemade veg juice for lunch plus any veg I wanted to eat whole(NO DRESSING), and then dinner was solid food containing lean meats, fresh veg., and whole grains. Absolutely no processed sugars, artifical sweeteners, or white flours were allowed. The few times I cheated, even if it was just one small piece of candy, It would stop my weight loss dead for 2 days. The diet worked great until the holiday's hit and I ran into the temptations. I have now regained 10 pounds, but kept 40 off for a year and a half. I've decided to just try to maintain my current weight until after the holidays since this is such a hard time for me to stay on a diet. The diet continues to work great for me. As long as I can stay on it for more than 3 days at a time, I know I will permantly drop one pound. Great Diet for sugar addicts since it breaks it's hold on you and you can actually lose belly fat.All low fat diets or low calorie diets that I have tried that don't eliminate sugar don't help because after the first 3 pounds, I will only lose 1 pound per month while feeling depressed and deprived. BTW, on all these diets I would exercise about 30 min per day, 3 to 5 times per week.Hope this helps someone, Thanks