xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
juice

Computinghosting & Trap17 Php Compatibility Just a question to ease my mind.

In the future I will be moving to comptinghost for my hosting requirements. The wap chat script I am currently using runs perfectly on the Xisto servers (gamma). I would like to know if Xisto - Web Hosting will also support my script.If yes, they do support my script but for some reason they upgrade their PHP version and my script doesn't work after that, what do I do? Will Xisto - Web Hosting revert back for me?Thanksjuice

Only one version of PHP is available as of this time. Xisto - Web Hosting will not revert back to older PHP version.However, if PHP version compatibility is an issue you can always seek scripting help here in Xisto.PHP versions are different from one to another to secure the script, hosting account and ultimately free from exploits. Therefore your script should reflect matching with the current version.Majority of upgrades from one PHP version to another is mainly in how PHP native commands perform. A common PHP commands will not be affected if PHP version is higher on hosting account and what your script is built-on.

Thank you for changing the thread title.The current PHP version of Xisto is 4.4.4 and my script works but on a different server (non Xisto) with also PHP version of 4.4.4 my script doesn't work. Could it be the Kernel version? Sorry but I am not clued-up on these things.

Ah...

Most likely that certain "functions" or commands might have been disabled on the different server.

Gamma server's current PHP information is found here:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

See if your other host may be different from Xisto. I don't know the source of your script but usually it's due to Safe_Mode being ON on a hosting server that can disable some commands. Xisto Safe_Mode is OFF. This is also true for Xisto - Web Hosting.

Thanks for the help, I hope it is in fact the safe_mode being off on the other server because I am really bad in my PHP and I don't want do go through my script to update it.thanx

Hi,Our servers are clustered and all use the same Versions. So if you script runs on Xisto, it will run on Xisto - Web Hosting.com also.ThanksOpaQue