xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
icemarle

My Internetless Days Nightmare-ish days

Ahh the internetless days. These have got the be the worst days for you if you are like me and most of the programs on your computer need the internet. I don't play offline games, or at least not many, and other than that I don't know what else I would use my computer for. Sure I can write an essay, but who the heck wants to do that on their free time =P? But take it one day at a time, I usually just sleep a lot, it helps pass the time pretty quick. Also another good thing to do is work on your website! That is a big time waster. Sure you can't preview your site, or heck you might not even be able to edit it if you use a specific system...well actually now that I think of it that kind of defeats the purpose. Well anyway, read a book, or write one. Great time waster! TV is cool too.

Oh no,, I have been there and been back.. I have to say being without internet or a pc is death.. It was like I was addicted to crack and I just had to have it. I coulnt find anything else better to do or to get my mind of of it. I had to have it... So i totally understand where you are coming fromon this.. I hope this doesnt happen to me again.

Yes, its pretty anoying. I have it alot, due to kids finding it funny to cut the cables outside my house. It turns off the power for all people in my street. They get a real kick out of it. And im left lighting candles for the next day or two. I remember when i used to be addicted to my computer as well. It was really great, until my connection was lost. Man its annoying!

Ya, i dont usually have that problem. I use DSL and i like it. The sevice could be better but it works great. But one time my mom forgot to pay the bill and we have an option where we can pay over the phone, so my mom payed over the phone and they said that the internet would be up in the next four hours. And like you said i had some homeowork to do that day. So the internet didnt end up turning back on for 2 days. So i didnt finish my homework. I dont know if its just me but i dont think that Four Hours= Two days. lol.

Yes, its pretty anoying. I have it alot, due to kids finding it funny to cut the cables outside my house. It turns off the power for all people in my street. They get a real kick out of it. And im left lighting candles for the next day or two. I remember when i used to be addicted to my computer as well. It was really great, until my connection was lost. Man its annoying!

mine wa out due to me cutting the grass and running over the line after they had just replaced it wasnt burried but they tried to hide it..

I had the same problem a few weeks back, the earthquake in Taiwan really played havoc with all intenet connections here in SE Asia. It was like going back to dailup here in Thailand :P Atleast it prompted the government here to pay up and install more international backbone links so that this is less likely to happen in the future.

what are the odds that after posting on on tis topic about having no internet, I go home to find out that my internet service is down due to who knows what.. I could not believe it. and it didnt come backup until maybe an hour or so ago.. I was really frustrated last night not being bale to get onloine and do anything.. AHHHHHH this really sucked then i figured maybe I just jinxed myself by posting inhere, but I was like hell naa i dont believe that.. true story...Editing post:this really bites, the services went out for a few more times here and there, and I have no idea what is going on, now they say the will send someone to check out my line since its cable broadband service.. this bites...

Edited by garbage (see edit history)