xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Matrixdudej

Friday The 13th

Hey i was just simply wondering if anyone bielieves bad luck always happensdon friday the 13th if so than why are you superstitous and if not tell me why not also tell me what some of the biliefs are about how many years of bad luck lol for exapmle break a mirror is supposedly seven years of bad luck step on a crack and youll break your mothers back knocking over salt walking under ladders etc lol just tell me what you think about this stuff

And hear I thought we were going to talking about horror movies. You be surprised on how many societies are deep in supersition. Especially when it comes to the dead.I still sometimes cringe when I do the bloody mary, thinking that she would pop out :lol:.But I have out grown most of those supersitions, unless you really really believe in them then they can come true. It's mind over matter when it comes to it. Of course when it comes to curses, I would say that would really depend on the situation you are put in when you do get cursed.I do believe superstitions were used back in the ancient days to keep control of people as so not to um create anarchy and all that good stuff. However superstitions are in some cases are religious again back to death, canalbalism and sacraficing.

As a kid I tried to step on every crack because it was fun (sure call me a loser :lol:). Oddly enough, my mother has back problems now, but I don't believe that is related in any way. Friday the 13th is usually a good day for me because everyone else is all freaked out so it's kind of funny. I am not superstitious at all, someone just made up all those things to scare people and entertain himself. I'll do anything that is supposed to be bad luck to to prove people wrong. Some people take this VERY seriously though, so I don't want to get in there way. One bad experience doesn't mean that superstitions exist. Some people just need to get their head in order in my opinion, don't focus on this bogus stuff.

i think bad luck is not existing it depends only on how we do our task or goals in our life..the only thing we must put in mind that whatever we do we must not expect anything so that we will not be hurt or disappointed in return..

Friday the 13th is just a superstition and is not real. The thing is that it allows people who have bad luck on that day something to blame it on and even laugh about. There always will be good stories about it because bad things happen every day. If thusday the 6th was known for bad luck, there would be stories about it too.

In response to gatecrashers who wrote

the only thing we must put in mind that whatever we do we must not expect anything so that we will not be hurt or disappointed in return

I believe this is the complete opposite of what life is about. Everyone should have goals becuase it is something to strive for. Life is filled will disappointment and sadness but learning from and experiencing these things only make us stronger and better people because we not only know how others feel we can relate and even help them through their own problems. Plus, without experiencing something bad, there is no way we would know how good something is because we have nothing to compare it to.