xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Suicide

Sony Ericsson W550i some errors

Hi fellas,I have the Sony Ericsson W550i for over 1 year now and in the last 2 weeks it's giving me some problems.. W550i stands for a walkman type.. And whenever I listen to music and receive an incoming or outcoming call then I hear a terrible *beep* all the time.. The music stops like it should, but I hear something like a fax beep and on the other side of the telephone they can hear me, but the only thing I can hear is a beep.. I only have the problem when I have my headset on.. I sended out my telephone for a reperation and it seemed ok afterwards, but now I have the same problem again.. Any1 here has the same experience with it? Or even better, a sollution for this issue? I appreciate any help in hereYours truly,Patrick

Edited by Suicide (see edit history)

If it only happens when you're wearing the headset then the problem is with either the headset or the headset connector on the phone. If you are hearing a constant, steady tone then it seems like a constant current is being provided to one of the connections, meaning you most likely have a short circuit or loose wire somewhere. If you have another headset, or a friend with one then try that and see if you still get the noise. If you do, its the phone. If not, then you need a new headset.

why dont you report the problem to Sony Ericsson, they've the best customer service.If you're in warranty period then you'd be given a replacement phone.