xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Former Presiden Gerald Ford Passes Away

Pass away this morning at the Age of 93, which means all U.S. Flags will be at half mast for the next few days.The only president not to get elected after taken over Nixon Presidency after the Huge Whitewater scandal that took place during the 1972 election. Gerald Ford is also the only Vice-President not to gt elected as well. His wife also famous for the opening of the Betty Ford Center for alcoholism after going through her own problems of alcoholism. -President Ford hold the Distinction of being the oldest president in U.S. Presidency History (Age 93)-Also holds a record of oldest First couple In U.S Presidency History (Age 93. Age 88)-Ford was also hte longest living member of the Warren Commission that oversaw the Kennedy Assissination.-Also Held the distinction of being in small group of former presidents that are/where still alive starting with Nixon. (Remaining Former Presidents, Carter, Bush, Clinton)-Was made into a Simpson Character in a episode where Homer goes to war with George Bush Sr

Sady, there were only two things I knew about President Ford: 1 is that he was the oldest living US President and 2 is that he was almost assassinated by Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme, a follower (even today) of Charles Manson.

Ford also made the controversial decision to pardon Nixon of any crimes he may have committed while in office. This probably cost him the presidency in the '76 election against Carter, but today most people agree that it was the right decision because it helped heal a badly divided nation. Ford was also famous for being nonpartison... the kind of thing we need more of in US politics today.

... Was he in the hospital?

No he wasn't in hospital. He died at 6:45 p.m. Tuesday at his home in Rancho Mirage,

He is called "An accidental president" because he didn't elected neither as President nor vice-president. On Dec. 6, 1973 he became the US 40th vice president when the vice-president Spiro Agnew had pleaded no contest to a charge of income tax evasion and therfore removed from the office..

I also want to add that Presiudent Ford Disagreed With Bush About Invading Iraq. That what published yesterday in Washington Post on Thursday, December 28, 2006 of interview and conversation in 2005 -- took place for a future book project could be published at any time after his death. He said:

"Rumsfeld and Cheney and the president made a big mistake in justifying going into the war in Iraq. They put the emphasis on weapons of mass destruction," Ford said. "And now, I've never publicly said I thought they made a mistake, but I felt very strongly it was an error in how they should justify what they were going to do."

Yeah almost forgot something else I think the "Accidental President" would fit better when he fell down of the airplane stairs. Funny they didn't show any images or even mentioned that little fact.

Yeah almost forgot something else I think the "Accidental President" would fit better when he fell down of the airplane stairs. Funny they didn't show any images or even mentioned that little fact.

They probably did this out of respect for his family. In retrospect, the fact that Ford was incredibly clumsy wasn't exactly the most important aspect of his Presidency... it was the funniest aspect though... :lol: