xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
matak

Mysql Administrator Connection To Trap17? Is there a way?

I downloaded MySQL Administrator to administer database that i have on my computer. I found this tool to be quite useful for managing database so i tried to connect to my database at Xisto...It wouldn't work as i expected, but could it be possible to do this, or it isn't allowed for security reasons?It's not a "must" of course, couse CPanel here is great tool for doing anything with database (with PHPMyAdmin of course) but i was just wondering could it be possible.When i tried to login i used this optionsserver host: myusername@Xisto.comusername: myusernamepass: mypassofcourseport: default (3306)This error pops out:"Could not connect to specified instanceMySQL error number 1045Access denied for user myusername@myIP.myISP"So is this some safety issue or do i need to try something else? (Of course if it is even possible to do something like this)

I was told you can connect outside to your mysql db with other software. It almost sounds like a port or ISP problem I am not to sure about this.

maybe these links can help you figure out what the problem.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

By look at the Links I think the problem is your need the Xisto mysql directory name in order to connect. Again I am not to sure about this but it's a shot in the dark.

I think the settings for the servers are to allow db access only from "localhost", so connecting from your Home machine or any other server would not be allowed. Seems to me there would be security and bandwidth issues involved.

What you would need to do is find out what server you are hosted on (most probably Gamma) and do this for the server name fieldserver host: localhost@gamma.xisto.comorserver host: localhost@yordomain.com(replace yourdomain with YOUR domain)If you did the first option you would also need to include your cpanel account username and possibly password. For both options you would also have to specify what database you were connecting to.

Dear jlhaslip members can manage ip address in Cpanel / mysql for access remote databases , but dear matak remote database its really bad idea , i think its not secure and if you set ip address , many users can access to Your database , for example you set this ip for your pc 192.168.100.1 , if any user connect your pc , then can access to Your database .i agree Saint_Michael , use reference for this idea