xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
k_s_baskar

How To Optimize My Site To Get More Adsense Revenue

Hi all,Few days back i hosted a site with Adsense Advertisements. This site is getting 50 to 100 Traffic /day and 5 to 15 clicks. But i am getting only .01 to .03cents per click. Can somebody guide me to optimize my site to increase my revenue by optimizing the site for getting more traffic. (This site did't get PR from google yet) and increase my earings per click.Thanx in advanceBhaskar :lol:

well, first of all, you can filter in your account what ads not to display (that is, those that bring you only small sum of $/click)...however, the price / click is determined mainly by the value of the keywords found most relevant for a certain page...so if the value of the keyword is around what you said (<.03), you probably won`t get much above (put into practice the first method though, and see whether you notice changes)

Edited by hts (see edit history)

delivi Hey man I'm getting .09 for each clicks

Maybe. But It depends upon the keywords / keywords used in Title and Bid value of the keyword in adwords.

hts :well, first of all, you can filter in your account what ads not to display

Thanks hts. I am using 200 (Which google allows) competitive ad filter in my adsense a/c. I filtered top site listing sites. MFA (Made for Adsense site) using adsblacklist site.

But still i am getting the average of .03 cents only. :lol:

Hey baskar!It depends on the value of the site as well. If your website rather webpages will have more incoming links then the value of the clicks will be much more than compared to a site which doesnt have a PR.So, the best thing is that write good content and get as many links as you can and then you'll have much more value of your ads.If the site is fairly new then think over changing the niche of the website to something else (If at all possible for you), which may be having higher value for the ads.

Most of my clicks that I get are also fairly low, but what I've done to increase the money I'm making on google adsense a little, is change where the ads on my site is located. There's a 'hotspots' map that google has somewhere in the adsense help section. It lists where the most clicks are, so if you find that, you can have some idea of the best places to put advertisements on your site for the most clicks.That won't really help with making the clicks more, but it might help you get a few more clicks out of your site than you are getting now.Plus, you can try to experiment with colours and things that you are using in your advertisements, to see which ones seem to draw the most people's clicks and then stick with the one that seems to work the best.That's a couple ideas to get you going from me anyway... good luck, and let us know how it all works out for you, or if you find something that works really well so we can try it out too.

Clicks revenue obviously depends on keywords but a vary important factor that you are missing is that they are country specific too.,if you have a site that is targeted to a particular country which has less google advertiser than you will have a low turn out rate ,because when people of a particular country comes to a site the advertise targeted to those sites would be seen to him ,thus might also bring low advertise revenue to your site

I am not quite sure if this is legal or not. I hear that Google doesn't want you to have advertisements that say "oh CLICK HERE!" or something like that on your site, because of course the multi-billion dollar company loses a couple million dollars to people doing this. I suggest making something like a link to the SOTW that through a script when people click that also counts as a click to Google adsense. Or maybe you could even do something like using a clicker. Either way there's not much that you can do but wait with Google. They are quite smart people...

I m a member of Google Ad sense . I followed the following steps as advised by my friends and google help to get more revenue:

1. The site content and the site traffic gets the top most priority.
2. Trick is in putting the ads on the web page in such a manner that they will not be overlooked or ignored by a visitor.
3. One effective way of ensuring that a website visitor will not ignore your ad is by using the optimal ad format.
Based on surveys, the most popular format used for ads are the 336 x 280 and 300 x 250 ad sizes.
4.No more words like .....click here .....Do you have courage to click these images/texts should not be used.
This may end account termination.
5.Strictly follow the rules mentioned in Adsense policies
6.Never modify the Google Adsense HTML code.
7.Don't ask your friends or visitors to click on your Google ads
8.Don't place ads in pop-up windows, error pages or even empty pages.
9.Don't create a website for revenue alone.
10.Try setting the ad link URL color to a lighter shade
11.Earn revenue through search box. The best place is to keep it at the top right.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Based outline of this article http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I am not quite sure if this is legal or not. I hear that Google doesn't want you to have advertisements that say "oh CLICK HERE!" or something like that on your site, because of course the multi-billion dollar company loses a couple million dollars to people doing this. I suggest making something like a link to the SOTW that through a script when people click that also counts as a click to Google adsense. Or maybe you could even do something like using a clicker. Either way there's not much that you can do but wait with Google. They are quite smart people...

Yes, you can only have the words "ads" or "Advertisements" or "sponsors". I once heard someone had a keyword like "mesotheliema" somthing like that, and he wrote it down on his contect sneekily. People say he got a good hundren bucks from it!