xisto Community
OpaQue

Launching Addlivelinks.com & Hostfight.com New additions to Xisto Network

Dear Members,

I am pleased to announce the launch of our 2 new sites :-

AddLiveLinks.com

AddLiveLinks is a Link Directory site which will be replacing all the link exchange scripts used on our other sites. We thought its better to unite all the link exchanging for xisto under one site :-)

HostFight.com

HostFight.com is a web host directory site. As most of Xisto's network involves web hosting, we thought of introducing a new site based on our market research. This site will be our medium for posting articles and reviews regarding web hosting.

We need your valuable suggestions and feedback. Please check out the sites and let us know your opinion about it.

Thanks,

-Shree

Both sites look really great. AddLiveLinks.com is very nice and the search engine works great and is very helpful. It's a cool idea for the Suggest a Link to put the category that they were just viewing but some people might get confused. If there is a way you could explain to people how that works or something or how to change it that could help. I am not sure.HostFight.com is also a great looking site as well. I don't really have any recommendations for it at this time. Everything is looking great though. Keep up the good work OpaQue and the rest of the crew that worked on this.

I don't know why, but my connection refuses to open the hostfight.comI really liked the addlivelinks.com website, but from the design side, the background isn't matching with the search bar. Just a suggestion, make the background blue, but lighter then the one used in the search bar.

Edited by Hadi (see edit history)

Seems it was a too sudden launch...

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ML ÜĎ_L ]][Ů\_ÓSĂĂf6÷VçG'Đ' at line 1[sELECT COUNT(*) FROM `hsl_plan` p LEFT JOIN `hsl_host` h ON p.hid=h.hid WHERE p.status=1 AND p.`monthly_price`>=0 AND p.`monthly_price`<5 AND p.`webspace`ML ÜĎ_L ]][Ů\_ÓSĂĂf6÷VçG'Đ]

-

... :lol:

Time to fix that (Didn't get fixed by refreshing, too!)

Ziat,It appears the problem's been resolved - I browsed around a bit, around apparently - and happily error-free pages :lol:--I love the look and feel, although I'm not very partial to the horizontal scroll that the google ads induce on the hosting directory website. I would also think that it'll be a good idea for all the websites beloging the Xisto family to have a somewhat uniform look and feel, and still maintain their own unique styles at the same time. I'm sure this is not easy to achieve, but I think it's worth mentioining that it'd probably appear more professional that way. Currently, I _think_ (correct me if I'm mistaken), it's only the footer that seems to tie all the sites together.Apart from that, awesome work, in terms of both code and design. I'm not sure about the blue background suggested by Hadi - I am somewhat partial to white backgrounds and black font (old school, I'm afriad). But it might be an interesting thing to explore, to whip up the background a little bit.In the meantime - keep at the growth. Congratulations to Xisto, and in particular, OpaQue (and team) for the wonderful stuff you guys come up with. Cheers!

I just checked out hostfight.com and I think it is an great addition to your company, however there are some things that could be better:- Please don't advertise a website which is still in testing / beta stage. At least delete the test articles on the frontpage.- Try to start the site with some (like 20-30 Webhosts) information on it. I (and most other people) hate websites without any (or much) real content.- Don't post fake (or maybe testing) information on a public website which you advertised before.If you decide to release a site which is in beta, please don't use it to test entrys with fake information live, make sure it is a stable beta and make it useful.Gmail for example was in beta very long, but it was a very stable and useful beta.wischiPS: I think the two people who posted before did not even look at one of the sites ...

Edited by wischi (see edit history)

I suppose creating both the sites was a great idea as both the titles are used very widely on the internet now a days......Although i am a newbie at this forum but i have sufficient knowledge about internet and thus hope you will find my approximation correct...P.S. By approximation i mean about the survey i did on the internet and both site titles are really demanded by the public.

Do any of you find that link directories are actually worth signing up to? I've read in a few places that joining top sites, link directories, link trading places, etc. can actually bring down your site's rating on search engines and all.Honestly, I don't know enough to judge, so if anyone could please enlighten me as to if this would fall under the same category or not, it would be much appreciated.(I'm speaking about addlivelinks.com by the way).Thanks in advance.