xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Forbez

Teleporters

I honestly don't believe this. I don't believe in the word impossible but why would you ever want to do something like this? First of all, teleporting would be pretty dangerous to attempt on humans. Purely simple. Second of all, what if suddenly a teleporter goes offline or something while you're in the process of being moved? You'd be gone forever! And if you have more than two teleporters, how do you plan on getting them to communicate ONLY WITH EACH OTHER and WITHOUT INTERFERENCE? Just illogical.Even if they did manage to create something like this I would definitely not use it just because of the possible repercussions associated with it.

The technology civilization offers (now and the next few decades) relies on breaking down matter (molecule, pen, table, horse, human, etc.) on one site and recreating it on the another site. It's a good idea but with few issues that need to be addressed. As for interferences and possible power and connection interruptions, if future civilizations could make teleportation come true, I'm sure they would have figured out how to avoid those problems. Still, teleportation is limited to destruction and recreation. Better solution (centuries, if not millenia away) would be to cut a plane of exisitence (I can't think of another term) on one site and transferring it to another site. Then you have a "door". Just open a door and when you walk through it you're on site 2. How to cut and transport the plane....hmm..that's the future human's problem, not ours. Hehe

Plain and simple, if you could transport someone molecules from one place to another, you could theoretically either rearrange them into anything you wanted, or make a clone of that person anytime you wanted. And beside can you really teleport the soul?