xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nani Cheri

Sound Of Notebook its too soft

Hi, I have a notebook Toshiba Satellite A110 but my sound is very soft. Even if I turned the volume on the outside as well as in windows the highest. Is there a software or something else too fix my sound so I can turn the volume louder, not only for music.

The lack of loudness is probably because the speaker isnt very powerfull in which case there is nothing you can do but maybe you can find an amplifier which will fit into the headphone/sound out port and amplify the sound and send it on to more speakers, most speaker systems have amps in them anyway so if you bought a set of speakers, especially those with an external power source, you should get much louder and better quality sound. That would be the only way i know of increasing the volume

Yep that is the only downside to have a laptop is inaudible speakers, but to make sure check your volume settings on your desktop and then check your volume settings through your control panel and see if that helps.EDIT: talk to you on msn so this is just a friendly reminder post.

Hi, I have a notebook Toshiba Satellite A110 but my sound is very soft. Even if I turned the volume on the outside as well as in windows the highest. Is there a software or something else too fix my sound so I can turn the volume louder, not only for music.

Go to http://www.fxsound.com/ and download a software named DFX for your Media Player Version. It will increase your media player's sound playback capabilities as well as quality of sound. However for 3D Surround sound features you'll need to buy it.

I have heard of DFX for Windows Media Player and tried it in the past, but the reason why I don't use it anymore is because of at times the quality of the sound has funny noises, and it was pretty irritating. Laptop's sound are generally softer, but perhaps you can buy some enhancements to hear your sound better like a headphone or a earpiece, those devices will allow you to hear sounds which are generally louder than simply depending on a mere generic speaker from your laptop/

Laptops sounds are lower than your desktop--so it may be lower than what you are used to.But check this first--if your music sounds lower than usual, under your Windows Media Player plug-in setting turn off your SRS. This is Toshiba's default set to "enhance" your media entertainment experience.If you already have or wanted louder than what your laptop can produce, try external powered speakers. Laptop, initial idea, was designed to be portable and desk space-saving--not to replace your desktop completely. Therefore, some features are minimized for allowed hardware frame.