xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
avonadas

Problem With The Battery Of My Ibook

Hi!I bought an ibook g4 last year (September) and last week the time of the battery became from lasting 4 hours to 1 and... I don?t know why.I know that these batteries have a certain life but... only a year with less than 350 cycles? I'm thinking of buying another one but... i don?t know if original... Do you know any place where I can fine a compatible one and... much more cheaper? xDDThanks a lot!

Almost sounds like some wires got fried or problem with your cables, if so replace your cables first then try it and see if that works.If it is the battery your warranty should still cover it and in that case your replacement is free. If you don't have a warranty instead of buying an expensive battery then pay for a 1-2 year warranty and then get your stuff replace as such.So no only will you be saving some money it will get you computer protected for 1-2 years.

The problem is that I bought my computer a year and three months ago, and I only had a year of warranty. it is imposible to buy more time of warranty, because I had to do it during the first year.I don?t know if it could be a problem of wires but I have run coconut battery software and it says that my battery has only 30 percent of the charge that it used to have.I think that, finally, I will have to pay for another battery but it worry me a lot because my laptop only has a year and three months and i paid a lot for it. For this reason I'm asking about the possibility of buying a compatible battery.Thanks a lot for your advice!

I did some digging and found a few sites one of them being from apple in which they mention about the bad Sony batteries so I would check to see if you battery matches these numbers at all.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

So I assume that you bought your computer at a store if so that warranty maybe up but you should be able to purchase a new warranty from apple's main site since they made the computer. Or did you ask apple already? if so what a rip right there.

But from the looks of it

you will be spending about that much for a new battery

Now I did find this at the apple site you can purchase a warranty for your computer yeah it's about $100 but for 3 years you are better off that way.

http://www.superwarehouse.com/Apple_AppleC52LL_A/p/123470

Hopefully this helps and it should with your battery problems.

I did some digging and found a few sites one of them being from apple in which they mention about the bad Sony batteries so I would check to see if you battery matches these numbers at all.

So I assume that you bought your computer at a store if so that warranty maybe up but you should be able to purchase a new warranty from apple's main site since they made the computer. Or did you ask apple already? if so what a rip right there.

But from the looks of it

you will be spending about that much for a new battery

Now I did find this at the apple site you can purchase a warranty for your computer yeah it's about $100 but for 3 years you are better off that way.

http://www.superwarehouse.com/Apple_AppleC52LL_A/p/123470

Hopefully this helps and it should with your battery problems.

I could be wrong, but I'm under the impression you've got till the first year of ownership ends to purchase the extended warranty. Otherwise, people would just buy it when something breaks and Apple's not likely going to let that happen. Batteries are a mystery to me regarding their strange behavior. I'm tempted to question the readings Coconut is giving you since mine is showing a much higher capacity then the documentation says it should be. I'd keep researching and try and find an alternative to coconut and see if it gives you the same readings. Those batteries are expensive to replace. I wonder how many charge cycles they come with...

I don't know that the battery would be covered by warranty. It is a 'disposible' part and is designed for only a certain number of cycles. Furthermore, if it receives 'spikes' or surges, that will weaken them, as will cold conditions.

I run into the same problem with battery drills. It is usually cheaper cost-effective to buy a couple of new drills than replace the batteries. A drill set is 100 bucks and the replacement batteries are $65 each, so there you go.

Laptop batteries are different, though. Last time I bought one it was $110 for the battery, but $500 for a new laptop, so it depends...

I don't know whether this is related until I saw the defect with Sony batteries, I bought a Vaio laptop and I realise the battery life is very pathetic as time passes, in the past I could last 1 hr 30 mins fully charged with everything to the max. Now, after 5 mins, I am down to 75% so it really says a lot, I have given up on using the battery, I use ac power now because the battery costs a lot of money and since my 1 year warranty is over, I can't get a replacement without spending a good USD 100 on it.

It is easy to fix it.Well you Could try and turn it on, and let it die.Then Charge it for 24 hours.