xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
midnitesun

Please Give Your Comments let me know which one you like most

so i am redesigning my homepage ( since i am going to take a new domain ) , i made 3 deisgns which i like very much , so here i am breakin my head over which one to choose from , then i decided it is time to get your opinion, each design is unique in its own way even though demo-final-a and demo-final-b look very much similar the impact each one can create is very different :rolleyes: , you may also think the page is very satatic but the middle banner with the girl will be in flash to provide dynamacy , also the grey box next to it will be displaying random videos and the menu too if the page dont get too heavy i may do in flash , so i am very much looking forward to your opinion here, let me know which design you like most :)

link 1 demo a
link 2 demo b
link 3 demo c

------- edited -------

first of all let me thank you all for your kind comments , i am glad most people said they like the first design because thats the one i like too , i totally agree that the third one is looking out of place because of the blue and the second one because of the header's color proximity with the menu , i wanted to make a clean but visually appealing and professional looking design so according to the feedback i got and my own imaginations here is the final one i came up with but before i will start htmlazing it ( which i will start tonight) i am still open to your ideas and comments on the final one but now not on the others :rolleyes: ,

so here's the link final design

also please note that the text where the girl is will change , if you ask me the placement is looking a bit odd but since i am going to do it in flash i just put some dummy text and the icons too aren't necessarily final especially the third one.

Edited by midnitesun (see edit history)

I really dislike the 3rd one, no offense. I like the 1st and 2nd ones but think the best would be number 1 without the top border. Just my opinion. Mkay?

I do love the first design though ^-^

whatever layout you`ll be using (my vote goes to the 2nd one, though - the header is looking good, me thinks :rolleyes: ), just change the font; it`s so..boring :) and common... :rolleyes:

Edited by hts (see edit history)

"demo a" is the one to go with. Very professional, and doesn't have that big red bar on top, like demo b, and it uses up some blank areas more. It also looks better than demo c, IMO. Demo c, the blue feels odd and so does the placement of a few things.

I like the organization of A and the colors of C. B can probably go because the red bar at the top is very awkward. Can I ask a few things though? What is your site about? I see things about music and quizzes and things but it feels very strange that a musical showcase would look like nothing more than a "internet quizzing YAYAYAYA" site. You can probably jazz it up - take Odeo for example. They seem to define this category with the simplicity, the clear purpose, and the capabilities.

Also, I can't tell anything of what I want to from the pictures. I look at the code a lot more than the design, so if both are equally good, then you've got a great design on your hands. Just make sure that you repeat (to yourself) what your site's purpose is. Because the "All about you" section is weirding me out...

Good work!

I would have thought we'd have a clear consensus on this one! I guess different people have different tastes.I would definitely say Number 1!!!You have a real winner there. Nice work. Very organised, easy on the eye, very professional looking.The added top bar in number two has to go - it's too clunky. Spoils an otherwise very elegant design.Number three looks too disorganised but I think you might want to try and merge the large "music" into that first design as it makes it immediately clear what your site is related to.Hope that helps.

I would go with either Demo A or Demo CHere are some suggestions to fix the demo'sDemo A-Put in a few Gradient effects to get that extra something-Put another bar like you got up top on the bottom.Demo B-Only way to fix that if you use a that color for a full background and it will be more completedDemo C-move the member log in under or on top of the nav menu within the same block area and then fill in the gap with the content area-drop that one header (huntix) and put the one you have in the content area up there.btw give me the girl in demo A phone number :rolleyes:Other then that they do look good.Did you photoshop the layouts or pure code?EDIT: I guess I am to late :) but the final design looks good.

hey thanks saint michael those are very good suggestions you gave , infact the best anybody gave upto now i just wish you gave them yesterday :) right now it's fully done in photoshop but the final product will be optimised using css and as minimun images as possible , i dont want the size of the page to exceed 25 or 20k :rolleyes:

Yeah well semester finals are coming up and been working on them ( not really took a weekend break from them :))

Good luck in making images smaller....speaking of funny this should help make them smaller unless you already have a game plan for that.

http://www.keynote.com/

Just make sure your image slices are very tight so not to make any errors when it comes times to css them. Will have to work on a tutorial for something like that.

dear midnitesun team num one is very good its realy class view and i like it , but i think in final tem you design better becuase users can easly use your site and your skin is very nice and is very small :lol: its really important skin must easy to users and small in sizei hope we see more skin for youthanks

Definitely the first one, it looks the best out of the 3. I do think the 3rd design isn't complete because only the header is being shown but not the body and footer. But I think there could be a flaw in the design, I was viewing the site and there was a horizontal scrollbar, I am using the resolution 1152 * 864 pixels and with the bookmarks on my left, it seems that your page was designed with a specific width, it would be great if you can make your page to be able to suit resolutions like 800 * 600 and even 1152 * 864 if they have the bookmarks toolbar on the left like me.