xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

Javascript Postamble(); What Is It? when viewing a web source code it appears

I was paranoid!After all that cleaning my computer from spyware I realized the following codes were showing up constantly (everywhere I go) when I viewed a page source.Just before </head> ends

<script language='javascript' src='http://127.0.0.1:****/js.cgi?pca&r=*****'></script>

And after </html>

<script language='javascript'>postamble();</script>

WHAT DA HECK IS IT??It looks like some java script was calling from within my computer and *'s were changing constantly with each time I refreshed a webpage for a source code.After few hours of searching, I found a possible answer. It seems like if you have firewall programs such as Zone Alarm Security or Check Point Integrity (which I have) these programs insert the above codes automatically for every web page you view. I turned off my firewall, refreshed a webpage and viewed the source code again and this time it did not show.We can all relex now, whew~ I thought something was still present in my computer. Just sharing this information if you ever wondered about these codes.

strange! Do you know why these firewalls add the code? Is it some sort of security thing? I dont think mine does it but ill be checking now!

After few hours of searching, I found a possible answer. It seems like if you have firewall programs such as Zone Alarm Security or Check Point Integrity (which I have) these programs insert the above codes automatically for every web page you view.
I turned off my firewall, refreshed a webpage and viewed the source code again and this time it did not show.

Yeah, that was the problem when i had Zone Alarm Pro Firewall. Like you, i didn't know it was the firewall, cause i had never seen it before. But later found it was the firewall. It would get annoying when trying to check if my pages were 100% XHTML valid, through Opera, and find out i always had one thing to take care of, and it was what the firewall injected into all pages. I got rid of Zone Alarm.