xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Viperscape

Psp As A Christmas Gift - Worth Purchasing? is it worth it?

hey guys im new to the forums,im getting a psp for christmas and i just want to know is it worth buying?im selling my DS and getting 1 with media manager, 1gb memory stick duo, tekken 5 and gta: vcs.i just wnna know if for 1 is it better than a ds?and for 2 does it have good graphics?

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Search the forum before posting "is PSP worth it?" Topic title must be descriptive. Modified.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I don't personally own one but I've played one. I think it is a lot better than the DS. It has good graphics, you can store music, use the internet. It's a mini Playstation 2 but with more features. So ya I'd recommend you get it for Christmas or buy it or whatever. It's a really nice thing to have. My friends sometimes bring theirs to school. It's good for long car rides as well.

I personally own a psp and i have played the ds before. I would say i prefer the psp over the ds because you get so many extra options like adding movies, music and browsing the internet with no extra add on needed expect for a memory stick. The graphics are very good and there are a lot of great games for it. It you like the ps2 then you will defiantly like the psp because it is very customizable. You can even add you own background to it.

Sorry, I'm going to have to go against the others on this. I really prefer a DS over a PSP. The reasons? I already own1. A iPod Video2. A DS3. A Cell Phone (that can broswe the internet)A PSP is great and all, but it's a watered down version of all 3. Sure a PSP can play movies, but my iPod video does it better, and it doesn't store data on tiny memory cards. Want to listen to music? An iPod/mp3 player will do it better, and will take up less space (compare a Nano to a PsP). Games, I do like the line up for the PSP, and the fact that you can (though illegal) use emulators on the PSP. And the internet browsing is alright, nothing that my phone can't do better.And don't get me started on the battery life. I couldn't even get though Spiderman 2 without the batteries dieing on me. I resold my PSP after 2 months of using it. I do not recommend this jack of all trades handheld.

Oh the PSP is a great hand held in my opinion. THe games for it also are not bad. I do love tekken 5 (hard game to get used to but still fun) and the racing games are awsome too. I suggest that you get one for a christmas gift because I'm sure anyone will be happy to get it ^_^. I own one and I also know others who do. They are in love with its features, and its capability to play with your friends even if only one person has the game :lol:. The MP3 player built into it is also a great feature so you don't have to 'waste' your money on an iPod or other MP3 players. Overrall, very awsome gift for Christmas.Cheers,Jester

Personally i wouldn't recomend a psp. I had one for about a year and i couldn't get enough use out of it. I owned like 3 or 4 movies and 3 games and after i had beaten the games it had really lost its value. The games that come out for the psp aren't that great. I would say for gameplay don't get a psp. For movie value its ok but who wants to watch a movie on a 4 inch screen if your not traveling or busy? Its not worth it.

Dude, go for the DS Lite. Seriously, if you get the right games for it, you won't regret the purchase. Advance Wars Dual StrikeBoth CastlevaniasYoshi Island DSMario Kart DSBoth Phoenix Wright gamesTrauma CenterDragon Quest: Rocket SlimeFinal Fantasy IIIAnd there's probably more that I'm forgetting. The point is: the DS has a far greater quantity of good games than the PSP. I'm not a fanboy, and I acknowledge that the PSP has some superioritys to the DS, but in the end it all comes down to the games, and in that aspect, the DS blows the PSP out of the water.