xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
crazyteens

Free Download Accelerator where do i get them

you can download FireFox at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/?utm_source=firefox-com&utm_medium=referral and then download a certain extension called Download Them All and it accelerates downloads quite nicely.

what it does is it divides the download up into pieces, and downloads these pieces and then downloads those small pieces all at once, then combines them back together and since it was divided into smaller pieces, it goes faster.

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

Albus i will most will get that. Is it just on the firefox site, or should i google it? Either way do you know how much it speeds it up? To bad it doesnt speed it up to T3 speed on my DSL. That would be amazing!

Na i don't like download them all, i prefer an actuall program like internet download manager. The one i use and recommend is Getright pro. It's at pro.getright.com i believe and it may say it costs but you download the trial and it has all features and doesn't expire just boxes telling you to buy it every now and again. If you don't mind that theo it is an excellent download manager / accelerator.Getright pro can download your files over 4 times faster, and it has an inbuilt thing where you can browse ftp sites and web pages for files and quickly download any or all at a touch of a button. Also one thing which is great is the ability to upload automatically any files from a folder or folders onto a ftp server which i use regularly.One more thing which is good about this is that it has an inbuilt bittorrent downloader so you can download bittorrent files through it just as easily as you would any normal files which is good he you don't wanna install a bittorrent client and want it all in one. Well thats my favourite download manager / accelerator. You should at least give it a try

The best free download manager I know is "Fresh download". They are having turbo downloader. You can register for free and will get the key for the software. Also they are continuosly producing the updated versions removing flaws from older versions and introducing new features.

@crazyteens: what is your downloading speed without the download accelerator, and what is it with it? is it really the 5x *guaranteed* by the producers of such softwares? don`t think so..but anyway, share your results with us :)

@crazyteens: what is your downloading speed without the download accelerator, and what is it with it? is it really the 5x *guaranteed* by the producers of such softwares? don`t think so..but anyway, share your results with us :)

Download Accelerators doesn't increases the downloading speed by configuring your hardware or your internet line. It uses some techniques to download faster, that is at a constant highest possible speed.

How it does?

By searching for the mirror sites, which are near your geographical location.

By breaking the whole material (which you are downloading) into different sections and simultaneously downloading all the parts.

Utilizing all the bandwidth available for downloading when you are browsing less sites(utilizing low band width)

Also download managers does one more thing, it gives you freedom to download any thing in more than one session, that is if you don't have time then just pause the download and download rest of the file some time/days later.

I use the FireFox plug in "DownloadThemAll", as the main reason I use a download accelerator is so that I can resume downloads if my Internet cuts out. I have tried various download accelerators and I haven't managed to get anything near a 4x faster download. In fact, I don't really notice a difference at all.

I use the FireFox plug in "DownloadThemAll", as the main reason I use a download accelerator is so that I can resume downloads if my Internet cuts out. I have tried various download accelerators and I haven't managed to get anything near a 4x faster download. In fact, I don't really notice a difference at all.

If you have a dialup connection it won't go any faster since all your bandwith is mostly used with 1 connection.
The advantages of a dowload manager are :
- You can resume when your connection is broken with the server.
- You can start several connections (to the same servers or different server) containing the same file.
(in this case your download can go a lot faster if you have enough bandwith).

In most cases a download manager only makes sence when downloading big files on a slow server.
Or if your internet connection breaks often.

I use (from time to time) free download manager. http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm
You can install it in serveral languages and it's free.
It's not the default downloader on my computer, I only start it when I need it.

Download Accelerators doesn't increases the downloading speed by configuring your hardware or your internet line. It uses some techniques to download faster, that is at a constant highest possible speed.
How it does?

I know what a Download Accelerator is...and how it works...

I`ve tried some download accelerators on my previous dialup connection, and also on my current broadband one, and the speed was almost insignificantly raised

Basically, the browser doesn`t use the whole bandwidth available..but even with such accelerators, you won`t be able to get a speed higher than has been assigned to you by your ISP...

nevertheless, the ability to "resume" a download is useful sometimes...

download master ! more cool!!!--------------------------------------If you have a dialup connection it won't go any faster since all your bandwith is mostly used with 1 connection.The advantages of a dowload manager are :- You can resume when your connection is broken with the server.- You can start several connections (to the same servers or different server) containing the same file.(in this case your download can go a lot faster if you have enough bandwith).- and free! and more language support!In most cases a download manager only makes sence when downloading big files on a slow server.Or if your internet connection breaks often.