xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Matrixdudej

Time Viewing

Time Viewing

Time Viewing

Time viewing is not possible as we know the laws of physics to be. Theoretically, if you can account for every single particle in the entire universe, and accurately map both where it is, and where it's going, you could 'predict' the future. The problem is, the more that you define where a particle is, or vice versa, the more undefined it's projectory becomes.

-reply by William Martin PH.D

time viewing might be possible if you believe in the theory of a multiverse.(over laping time lines)or the same univers expanding and contracting, multiple times,(experincing the same time line several times over 

-reply by steve

Time viewing--past only, using technologyTime ViewingTo anyone who reads this: I'm a reasonably intelligent individual who never had much interest in the math or science fields (more of a right-brained guy, I guess). Still, in recent years (maybe as a result of getting older), I've taken an interest in the potential reality of time viewing, and have come up with some hypotheses. Just bear in mind that I'm a layman, and don't worry about telling me all of the reasons my theories wouldn't work. This is more for the curious sort who stumbles across this post and has a mutual interest in the subject. Here goes.On the surface, it can be readily agreed that time viewing does exist, in a manner of speaking. For the past, not the future (since the future hasn't happened; it can be calculated to a tiny degree, but not actually witnessed--until it happens).If I were to ask you what Charlie Chaplin looks like, you could give me a brief description (hat, cane, mustache, baggy pants, etc), if for no other reason than the technology exists to have immortalized that image for you. Since he died in the 1970's (in France, I think), it's reasonable to assume that no one reading this post ever met him, and even if they did, it wouldn't be the "Little Tramp" image preserved from the silent era with which we're all familiar.I say that to say this: the technology to preserve Chaplin's image from nearly a century ago was always there, as was the image itself; it had only to be discovered and used. Now, stay with me here. In my hobbyist reading and research, I came across an anecdote about an inventor named John Logie Baird who, among other achievements (look him up), tinkered with night-vision photography, a version of which, some years later, was found to be able to take pictures of things that weren't there anymore.I'll say that again: the camera took pictures of things that were no longer there. Here is an online copy of the book (some of it) in which I read this story:

book is called "Breaking the Time Barrier" by Jenny Randles. I haven't been able to find any more details about the accidental experiment at Eglin AFB, but I wish I could, because it absolutely blows my mind. When I read that the incident took place in the 1950's, I wondered how it was that the technology wasn't immediately pursued and developed to aid in crime-solving and similar applications (a la "Minority Report" only using this technology instead of psychics).For all I know, the "gubmint" did pursue it, and they are hoarding the device in an underground bunker in Virginia somewhere. But I digress. I started thinking about the concept of photographing or otherwise viewing an object or event based on the signature, reflection or what-have-you. I started wondering if it would be possible to build a mirror that worked on a time delay. I know that some exist, and that they are basically video cameras with delayed monitors. They are novelties: arthouse exhibits.I'm talking about figuring out a way to bend the lens just so...Making it so that it somehow traps the light, slows it down, makes the reflection appear a second or two (or ten) after the image is cast upon it. If it were possible to manipulate glass, refracted lenses, lasers, etc, etc (again, I'm not a tech guy) so that the light reflecting the image slowed down enough, it would literally be a window into the past. And, the more bent or refracted or what-have-you the lens was, the further back in time the image would go.Now, one immediate hiccup comes to mind: if you could construct such a device, it would only reflect things that happened since its construction. If you built it on 2/14/10, you couldn't adjust it to play the events of 2/14/09.However, events are reflected in many different sources: water in a nearby lake, shiny metal or glass nearby, maybe even volcanic rock in a mountain, or the very water molecules in the air. The light from the stars in the sky we see is thousands or millions of years old. If aliens had a powerful enough scope, they could see what what was happening on a given point on our planet right now, or ten years ago, or fifteen years, eight months, five days, six minutes, etc.So, in order for us to view such reflections of our planet from our planet, we would have to a) place a mirror a couple of zillion miles away, or B) build the right kind of viewing device, based on the notion that whatever event took place bounced off of nearby spoon, then into space, hit the moon like a big pizza pie, yadda yadda.If I were better at science I think I could explain this better (or at least see the flaws in it). Like I said, I'm not particularly interested in hearing why it wouldn't work, especially since the internet is notorious for attracting smug, cruel know-it-alls who can't wait to tell somebody else they're an idiot. Just enjoy the theory; maybe you can figure out a way to make it work.-reply by Jim Kirk

TIME VIEWING THEORYTime Viewing

I THINK ITS POSSIBLE AND HERE IS MY THEORY.  EVERYTHING IS A MATTER OF CAUSE AND EFFECT.  FOR INSTANCE IF WE WERE TO TAKE A 3D PHOTO OF A WAVE CRASHING. ONCE WE HAVE THE PHOTO WE WOULD HAVE TO ACCOUNT FOR EVERY ATOM AND EVEN ELECTRON. IF YOU HAVE THAT FREEZE FRAME OF ALL THE MATTER YOU JUST LABEL EACH ATOM AND ELECTRON WITH WHAT DIRECTION ITS MOVING AND HOW MUCH ENERGY IS ASSOCIATED WITH THAT MOVE MENT.  ONCE EVERYTHING IS ACCOUNTED FOR YOU COULD JUST RUN THE SIMULATION FORWARD OR BACKWARD AND SEE HOW THE WAVE WILL CRASH OR HOW THE WAVE WAS STIRRED UP.  TIME VIEWING WOULD BE POSSIBLE IF WE COULD GET THE SAME SNAP SHOT OF THE UNIVERSE AT ANY GIVEN TIME, LABEL ALL THE BITS OF MATTER WITH DIRECTION AND AMOUNT OF ENERGY THEN WE COULD SIMPLY RUN IT FORWARD OR BACKWARD AND SEE WHAT THE UNIVERSE OR EARTH OR ANYWHERE WAS AT ANY POINT IN TIME WE LIKE. 

-reply by PHILLIP MCCOY