xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dennis56

Setting Permissions With Php File Uploader

How can i allow for people to upload images from my site to another path?

When i made the script i get this error

Warning: move_uploaded_file(uploads/38120806topic_split.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ninjach/public_html/upload.php on line 26
Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpQyLuQt' to 'uploads/38120806topic_split.gif' in /home/ninjach/public_html/upload.php on line 26

if(!isset($_POST['upload'])) {echo '<form name="upload" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="POST" action="'.$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'].'"><input type="file" name="file" size="13" value=""><br /><input type="submit" name="upload" value="Upload"></form>';} else {if(($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/gif") || ($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/jpeg") ||($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/png") ||($_FILES["file"]["type"] == "image/jpg")){$uploaddir = 'uploads/';$filename = $_FILES['file']['name'];$filesize = $_FILES['file']['size'];$tmpname_file = $_FILES['file']['tmp_name'];	$date_file = date(imdy);move_uploaded_file($tmpname_file, "$uploaddir$date_file$filename");//Connection MySQL//Select DB//update MySQL}else{echo"Invalid file type.";}  }

In your cpanel, chmod the permissions on the temporary directory and the uploads directory to 777.

You can do two ways:1) access your cPanel, click on the folder (not the folder icon) you're trying to change mode, right hand menu "change permission." This is done through File Manager.2) using your FTP software, right click on the folder and select the permission or chmod menu. This is different from which FTP software you're using.