xisto Community
BooZker

Sony Vaio Cd/dvd Rom Drive Makes So Much Noise! Its not just a little bit of noise

faulty vaio dvd driveSony Vaio Cd/dvd Rom Drive Makes So Much Noise!

hi everyone, my laptop is about 1 yr old and the and doesnt read any disk at all now. It just makes a sound like its trying to read but doesnt does anyone know if this could be just a setting that I have to change. I bought a lens cleaner an it did the same to that its a sony vaio vgn-nr38e.Thankyou 

-question by clare gordon

CD-RW and DVD drives not functioningSony Vaio Cd/dvd Rom Drive Makes So Much Noise!

I have a Sony Vaio PCV RZ32G running XP Prof. It has a CD-RW drive (48x16) and has recently stopped  working. It shows up in Bios and in My Computer as working fine. But when you add a disk, nothing happens and nothing shows up in the CD window of My Computer. When I do a System Scan it says nothing is in the tray. The same thing started occurring with my Toshiba DVD Rom. Neither one were the originals of the Sony computer, but worked fine for several years. Could the power have anything to do with it since I had to replace the power supply unit just recently also as it was not enough wattage (150watts) and completely burnt out. Now I have 500 watt and the computer works fine except for the CD and DVD drives.

Thanks, mmpuzzles

-reply by mmpuzzles

Copper wireSony Vaio Cd/dvd Rom Drive Makes So Much Noise!

This is the case with my VAIO as well, although I have not found a way to remedy this problem. It randomly started occurring after 3 years of use...

-reply by Michal

Sony laptop, less than 1-year old making too much noise Sony Vaio Cd/dvd Rom Drive Makes So Much Noise!

Sony laptop makes all too much noise, and rarely ever use cd drive, why the noise, gets plenty of air flow, is used with care.  Why would Sony product have noise when not even year old?

-question by M.Syverson