xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dez Ironer

Suggestion For This Site The initial posting requirement

I am a little annoyed by this initial posting requirement!I, like many people I'm sure have been searching and trying out various free web hosts to see if they will run certain scripts and have functioning features that are required for an intended purpose.I have tested about a dozen that seem to meet all of my requirements, only to find out after joining/testing that they don't!I like the posting concept of this site and think it is a brilliant idea, but should only be implemented once the user has had a chance to test the service - maybe a day or two.After that, if the user wants to keep the account, then the have to meet their posting requirements or they will lose their account - which will have the effect of keeping inative accounts to a minimum!Just my two cents.

Knowing where to place your topic is highly important in our forum. We have Suggestion forum section. Please know the layout of our forums.

It is frustrating to find a free hosting service that will meet individual's needs. But in order to be satisfied, first one has to be willing to go forth with investing certain time period. For this trial time, Xisto offers Hosting Plan#1 where you only need to accumulate 10 hosting credits. To earn hosting credits, all you need to do is contribute with quality. That is the only requirement. It's not that hard, is it?

I have replied to your other post. But to see BEFORE you decide to host with Xisto, first make sure your script meets our PHP and SQL version. You can see our current versions via http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

Our service also provides each individual with cPanel. A quick demo of cPanel is listed under Hosted Members Area OR visit our Xisto Readme page for all other important topics.

Our hosting credit system eliminates inactive accounts automatically when the hosting credit reaches -30 credits. It is all automated including bring suspended account to active account. For more information please refer to Xisto Readme.

Thank you.

Well Xisto posting requirement is a bit different from the other sites that request like 200 posts for a chump plan. Our requirements are based on your posting ability not the number of posts you have. The longer your posts are the more credits you get and when your a hosted member the longer your site stays up without interruption.Now if your a new member we look at your posts to see if you do deserve a hosting account. If your one of those people that spams on a daily basis then your not going to get an account here. Due to the fact your not contributing to making the forums better and of course help others out if they have a problem.On the rare occasion some people can get the requirements in under 10 posts. But course though some people who join don't read the set up and just assume that it is 10 or 30 post requirement.Of course people can figure out what a Xisto.com account has to offer by registering a Xisto.net. It is basically a Xisto lite account.Or you can think of it this way.Xisto.net-learning to design for the first time just need a quick set up with out the hassle.Xisto.com-you know what your doing and just need more resources.Xisto - Web Hosting.com- your breaking the bank (maxing out your account) and need the extra space and bandwidth to keep your site going.Hopefully that gives a better incite on what we have to offer and how it works.

as a hosted member i would like to add something to your post , first of all i did not find it annoying that i needed to get a minimum 10 credits to get hosted when i first came here , first i read the available services and when i am happy with it i went to the forums and took sometime to familiarise with it by reading rules and help topics and normal topics too, then i registered my self and started posting, even though anybody will want to get hosted immeadiately i can understand that everything cannot be free , we too need to contribute something in someway to the other party so they can keep you hosted ,i would say if you are here long enough for you to get hosted you wont be leaving it for another free hosting, and it wikk not take long enough for you to get hosted too as long as you follow the rules and not try to spam your way through

Well, what Dez said makes sense. When you are new... well, it seems really hard to collect 30 points (you can do it with 10 but I think it?s a waste if you want to get the upgrade later) to get the hosting, we all know. But hey, to know if there are certain scripts or features, there are the same forums, so you can ask everything you need and the users will tell you for sure. Also the admins and mods but I suppose you?d prefer the user point of view (although most mods are users also).Anyway I suppose that one of the keys to success of a free host like this is that they don?t give the hosting automatically, because that way this will be overloaded and which is worse, full of users that don?t really want to make a site, only that arrived here one day, saw that this was free and asked for an account. With these steps to get it, I think it?s more secure and people not so interested in hosting will go away. :)

I agree with midnitesun, I didn't find the posting requirement at all annoying. By the time I found this, I'd had a successful board where the server crased and another where the owner stopped paying for it and never told me to back it up and move to a different one. When I found Xisto, it was a miracle that you got an amazing deal while contributing to a social part of the internet. The internet isn't all about your site, it's about everyone's site and how they fit into the whole as a group. If you spam your way through you seem selfish and uncaring that everyone else could make good posts to get it and yet you post 200 bad posts to get it in ten minutes and it makes everyone else miserable. I had barely gotten enough credits to get the account type I wanted, the bigger one, and then I submitted it. That got me warmed up for the real posting to keep my account going. I feel as if I actually needed to post more in the beginning to get a true grip on what I was doing here and how to keep my site. If you just get it free with no limits and still have a good subdomain name or just good, reliable hosting- you're fooling yourself. It does get rid of the annoying spammer pretty fast when you think about it...(My account was just recently at -34.67 a week ago because I had a family vacation from the computers. This just goes to show that the more you post before to get the hang of it, the more you have a chance to succeed later in the hosting.... Don't use me as a good rolemodel...)

Edited by Sinari (see edit history)