xisto Community
darran

Blogging Software can anyone suggest me?

I am looking for a blogging software for wordpress.I know of Windows Live Writer Beta, but the only problem with it is it doesn't accept html tags in a post while in wordpress it is possible to put tags such as <center></center> and stuff like that. The blogging software should also allow me to format pictures by putting borders such as a drop shadow or photopaper like what is commonly seen in today's blogs. Can anyone suggest anything?

well, i have never heard of a blogging software for blogs such as wordpress.what i do know is that you can put wordpress in your hosting account so you can have a blog provided in a hosting account, wordpress style. the features aren't as full as the original wordpress blog, but it still has most of the functionality. if you want you can download it from wordpress.org. follow the instructions on how to install it on your hosting account here in trap (if you ever have one).

I use this 2 tools, but they are not free:BlogJetandCoffeecup Blog MachineFind the links with google.

well, i have never heard of a blogging software for blogs such as wordpress.
what i do know is that you can put wordpress in your hosting account so you can have a blog provided in a hosting account, wordpress style. the features aren't as full as the original wordpress blog, but it still has most of the functionality. if you want you can download it from wordpress.org. follow the instructions on how to install it on your hosting account here in trap (if you ever have one).

I don't think you get what I mean. I already have Wordpress installed in my Xisto hosting account, I just need a software to write entries to it and this software has to be able to format pictures and upload to my ftp. Is there any free software?

oh ok. sorry bout that. it would have been clear if you mentioned it beforehand.but why do you need to get a blogging software when you can login to your account and post entries there directly? if you're pretty much knowledgeable with html, then you can do those fancy-shmancy by inputting the html code on your post yourself.with that said, no, i don't know any software that does things like that..... oh wait... i remember one application. but it's only for blogger accounts (blogger.com). they can sure upload photos on your blog, but i'm not sure if they can edit photos the way you want them to. i can't remember much since it has been a long time since i was a blogger user.

Try Downloading Mozilla Firefox 2.0 and add the following plug-in's:

Performancing - for posting/deleting posts.

Fire FTP - for FTP of course.

Hope that helps. :)

oh ok. sorry bout that. it would have been clear if you mentioned it beforehand.
but why do you need to get a blogging software when you can login to your account and post entries there directly? if you're pretty much knowledgeable with html, then you can do those fancy-shmancy by inputting the html code on your post yourself.

with that said, no, i don't know any software that does things like that.

.... oh wait... i remember one application. but it's only for blogger accounts (blogger.com). they can sure upload photos on your blog, but i'm not sure if they can edit photos the way you want them to. i can't remember much since it has been a long time since i was a blogger user.

The reason for wanting a blogging software is because I do not want the hassle of always opening Firefox, logging onto my Wordpress account and then start posting. I like to have my images customised with a photopaper border and Windows Live Writer does it for me. I am not sure how to do those fancy borders using pure html because I don't know of anyway to use html to do those kind of borders.

Apparently, this Semagic is fitted for LiveJournal, I tried setting up for http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ but I am not sure how to configure the settings.

It will work iwth WordPress considering that I think at one point it worked with my WordPress site. The method it uses to login to your blog is a standard XML-based protocol. You can use it for blogger and other blogging sites, as well as WordPress, Moveable Type, and others. However, I've had a bit of trouble using Semagic lately, so I would contact them if you have problems with it. Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)