xisto Community
coolduck123456

How Aol Tricked Me

Aol gives out free mail domain names. So you choose a domain and get free email to it. For example, if you choose http://www.cool.com/ they will give you yourname@cool.com as your email. I thought it was good and registered it for free. Then I found out that you cannot use the domain name with hosting. That made me mad, but I then thought that I'd just buy the domain for another site. I go to another site and it says the domain is in use, by me!!!So what now?

I don't like AOL, never have. And they always screw you over one way or another. Don't ever fall for their 45 day free trial things either. They're a pain to cancel. But anyways... Is there a way to possibly cancel the domain?

I think I saw somone post this earlier before. Or maybe it was my brother that told me about it. It's their way of taking over the internet it seems. That means that with everyone that uses that free email service, the less domains there will be able to purchase and they are all being taken by AOL. I think it is sort of crazy. Soon they'll probably start to resell the domains or something, charge extra for you to purchase the full blown domain.

I remember the days when AOL tried to bombard users with the free 60/90 days CDs with their n00bish like browser and connection. Then again, AOL's share has been falling, but as others said being in one of their plans are a pain to cancel.

The success of AOL is amazing. Ever since they came out they've charged more money than everyone else while offering slower connections and crappy advertisements. Yet people still pay $25 per month for dial up.

What do you expect AOL has been a powerhouse since the 90's and when your own by ted turner you can do what ever you want. I don't even think the broad/dsl they provide is any better. Although I wonder who owns netzero though, I think they are a branch from AOL because they seem to be using their services for their dial up connection. Of course you would think Ted would spend some cash to actually upgrade to DSL/Broadband.Of course the billions of spam AOL uses receive each day is just sick as well. Of course I think all people do is use the chat rooms and thats it, Although I am surprise that they have a public release of AIM, they were smart they would have kept it from going public thus make people buy AOL ISP to use it. Thats what I would have done.

Also, have you noticed that even though you pay a large sum of money for the AOL browser, they STILL put adverts in it? Like the banner ad on the e-mail inbox? What's up with that?!?AOL is just a crappy rip off of Internet Explorer given a different look and a mailing / IM system, and marketed off as their own. It even comes with a suckier service. And yet you end up paying more than ?18 ($30) for a basic package. They're just crooks looking to make big bucks.