xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rex97

Free Domain For All. Give it a try...No charge at all...

I agree, .co.nr is pretty good, although I did encounter some problems with them.

What sort of problem have you faced. They provide very good service with the only requirement to show a small ad in first page. Please explain your problem.

the problem with all these address referrals are pop-ups and sometimes advertisement bars placed on your website or even a few second of a redirrect page full of advertisements. these greatly turn your readers off. But of course there is no free lunch in this world, I heard domains are quite cheap. About $10 per year?

I find it ironic that you're talking about hosting websites, on a hosting website's forum :P
I'm fine with Xisto, I have to make posts yeah, but it's free and effective, so I'm not complaining :P

But Xisto doesn't sell domain names, so how can you say it is concurence for Xisto?

The "domains" such as co.nr and the others are not ACTUAL domains, they are subdomains, which is exactly what this website offers with the hosting account. Sites like co.nr only shorten your URL to make it easier to type and remember. Not only do you have to deal with annoying pop-ups and go through a ton of steps to get a "domain" that is really a sub domain on these sites, but some of them even require you buy hosting or pay for it. If you want a domain name, your best bet is probably to pay for one. Sometimes you can find sites on the internet where you can register your own domain name for as little as $1.99. You can register a .org domain for $1.80 at https://xisto.com/. There are also sites out there where you can get a domain free, but you have to sign up for a bunch of offers, or post a ton of messages to get them.

I really wonder, if there are websites giving away free domains ever , ?? Even , if they do give out some, it is not a top level domain. Say like , .tk, and .co.nr. And that too with some limitations. Dot tk places an ad before your site loads, and .co.nr demandsyou to link back to their site , by placing a small logo of theirs, on your site. There was a site which i got a free domain from ... It was a forum, like Xisto . It followed a similar idea, of gving credits for posts .. If you have got enough credits, you can register a domain for one year.. now that forum is closed. I have also registered free .info domains from a site. I read about this site, on a magazine, and was really excited about it. I immediately logged on ,and regiestered few .info domain names. But then, i faced the reality,.. They demanded cash for setting the nameserver address !!! And, that cost was almost equal to the price of the domain , itself . I have not come across a site which could give you a completely free domain, without ads, or demanding links, back to their site. And, yes, i have searched a lot , in order to find one. So, for people who might be looking for free domains,. I suggest you people, to better buy one. You can register domains for as low as 2 $ (With Yahoo, i guess).. Godaddy.com is another place where you can get them cheap.