xisto Community
coolduck123456

Using, Or Stealing Others Wifi

Here's my stand on thisIf The owner of the access point has not bothered to enable security on said device, then you are not breaking the law, it is considered that an unsecured AP point is fair game to all who wish to use it.If there is security on the AP point and you haven't been given permission to use that AP point then you are breaking the lawI saw a doco a few years ago, with this guy driving round DC with a laptop AP card and GPS, mapping all the AP Points in the city.He found about 60% of AP Points had no security11 AP points that were open to anyone, were Govt. Dept.Most people don't worry about Wifi security, but for me I always enable some security.

Well recently a few major cities across the U.S would going to implement a WIFI network, however, after realizing how much money it will cost most of them decided against it. Although WIFI isn't really new its still working out the kinks especially the 54k kink most of the wifi routers have and trying to make the signal bigger. On the issue at hand there are two levels to think about if you using a open wifi port and just checking your email thats fine, but if your using a open port to do some hacking and cracking then you would be breaking the law.

It is not illegal at this time but some states are drafting laws up to cover this, Maryland is one but its still in the draft stage.