xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

My First Templates

ok, well i've decided to attempt to make a few website templates, and this is what i gotten so far....

I have made these for my site... and just wanted your opinion, and some advice... they are not completley finished yet... because if you cant tell i still need to add logo's and a few other things, but some suggestions please!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

they are a little bit bigger, but you know photobucket

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

Gotta say, the red really stands out. :wacko: I would suggest to never, if possible, use basic colors; except for black and white, or very near these two. Always go with the shade of a color. And some of the colors used already don't match. I would add some header tabs, for side-sections. If i were to go with one of these templates, i'd go with the modified version of the bottom one.

Seems like you're trying to go with a simple tech template. I have a tutorial on my site on how to make one. :blink:

thanks for the advice, and like i said... i am not done with it, i need to add a logo, and when i do it will not be red.. and i still need to add the menu titles :blink:thanks for the link, i'll check it out sometime

There?s not much to say about these two, because there are no banner, no links, boxes or whatever... this does not give much idea of the final appearance of the website. I like the second much more (the frames of first seem too weak)... but I think the space reserved to the banner is too much and I don?t like that irregularity. The left brown starts upper than the righ part. Unless you put there something that justify this, I don?t see the point.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is where the second template is put into place, i stayed up late last night coding it and got it to go good... today (this is not all i did today) but i added the menu text to it, and it can be views by going there ^^^^ and umm the logo is still being worked on, the text color is not offical because i am waiting for the logo to see if i need to change the layout's color to match the logo, or if i need to just change the css to match the skin.

the first layout i havent bothered to code yet because i think i am going to have a bit of a tough time doing that one, but oh well :)

thanks for your input