xisto Community
michaelper22

Lynx Command Line Browser Now revived under Win2k/XP

A while back I somehow stumbled upon some Google-run blog, where I saw a post about the quote unquote Google Browser. It looked interesting, so I downloaded it. After installing it, I found out that it was pretty much just a Windows version of the command line Lynx browser (any old timers here?) with a nice installer. It's interesting to browse with Lynx - no images, no JavaScript, no CSS, just straight out text and form elements. I could barely imagine using Lynx for my day-to-day browsing. Here's a screenshot of Gmail in Lynx:

I also notice you have 7000 some spam messages.

They are in the spam folder for a reason, and they don't use any of my alloted storage space :blink: .

someone liedLynx Command Line Browser

hey Mike, Just a heads up... The Google browser is called "Chrome" and it's not anything like Lynx unless you count the fact that Lynx is technically a web browser also. I use Chrome and definately recommend it. Chrome is a GUI browser that combines web surfing and web searching. It might take a novice, that cut their teeth on Internet Explorer, a day or two to get used to it but Chrome is great. Don't believe everything you read in a blog :)https://www.google.com/chrome/

-reply by JoeKewl

someone lied

Lynx Command Line Browser

<p> hey Mike, Just a heads up... The Google browser is called "Chrome" and it's not anything like Lynx unless you count the fact that Lynx is technically a web browser also.

I use Chrome and definately recommend it. Chrome is a GUI browser that combines web surfing and web searching. It might take a novice, that cut their teeth on Internet Explorer, a day or two to get used to it but Chrome is great. Don't believe everything you read in a blog :P

https://www.google.com/chrome/;

<p><em>-reply by JoeKewl</em></p>

Umm... This is an old topic, Chrome has certainly NOT existed when this was made so this must have been made for this post from the unofficial Google blog :P