xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Yahoo And Microsoft To Make Their Im Interoperable

Yahoo and Microsoft currently have plans to make their IM features interoperable. This will allow for users of MSN and Yahoo mail to keep track of who is online. This may also be legitimate competition for AOL Instant Messenger. AOL remains the leader.

Read the full story here

This is a great news for us too. Now there is no need to use multiple clients and other wories for not able to chat with our friends using the Yahoo or MSN service.

This is a real challeng for Google Talk. I hope Google will bring some new idea to counter attack this.

MSN already has this feature on Windows Live Messenger. I have been able to add my friends that use Yahoo Messenger onto my WLM. It's really rather simple but you don't have all the features when talking over two different chats. It's sort of like Skype. I think it's pretty cool though, now if only they all could combine for just one big messenger so there won't be such a hassle to have multiple programs for different friends that use a different program than you.

I'm trying to figure why Bill gates would let this happen though, yahoo is second in the search engine wars. I doubt Microsoft is going to purchase yahoo, although that would be the biggest deal since google bought youtube about a month ago.Now I could see how this is useful for those who using IM's a lot, but really some one just need to pick one client and let delete the other. But since Microsoft in all it's wisdom hard coded it in their OS.Anywoo I wonder who will be next to merge stuff together. Can't wait for Adobe Photoshop 10 and Dreamweaver 9, by though most of adobe software will be obsolete and macromedia will be replacing most of it.

As Plenoptic rightly said, MSN Live Messenger already supports instant messaging to Yahoo. Also, Yahoo already announced plans to make their IM work with MSN a month ago. So this is very late news.However, I agree with you: this IS a real challenge for Google Talk, and I can't wait to see how they respond.

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

does anyone uses google talk?cause i dont see anyone giving out google contact for IM yet..most people use is yahoo or msn