xisto Community
delivi

Vista Development Is Completed

I installed Vista Transformation Pack. With 1.5GB RAM inside my comp, it's seriosuly lagging. I doubt that 2GB of RAM will work fine with P4 3.0GHz. Maybe Vista is only meant to be installed in Dual Core or more advance that that.

I for sure won't be going to stick with the Windows platform. I am currently using a Pentium 4 2.67 GHz 512 mb RAM and a Centrino 1.73 GHz 1 gb RAM for my laptop. Once my desktop goes out of date, I would purchase a MAC, and I am sure compatibility would improve more by then and the ability to boot a windows sure helps things.

I will not get Vista unless i find some free one left on the street somewhere or someone i know who gets it has it and wants to get rid of it. Reason? It will take up way to much CPU even for more 1GB RAM. I think i would rather have that used somewhere else, like running my huge programs. I am actually awaiting the new Mac OS more. What features are you actually looking forward to? If its the GUI you know you can reenact that very easily by changing the shells and some other things.

I will changed to Vista in the mid-year of 2007, so to let Vista pour out all the bugs. So that when I buy it won't be end of world, I still remember I bought XP on the date XP came to Singapore. I was busy updating my security cause XP was just released. So now I learn a lesson, I will buy it when Vista is finally settle down.

@LondonBVE The only time vista will calm down is when microsoft drops a new OS because who know how it will take to find everything that is wrong with it. Especially the fact that it is a resource hog, they should fix that problem immediately.Of course Big businesses won't worry about that because they have their own IT computer experts to work the problems out. But as individual users we have to wait for these updates to come software to come out that in which make Vista run faster.

It's out already? Geez. Here's to more years of screaming at my computer in frustration, I guess. Thanks, Microsoft. That is, unless if they manage to get something right this time around. Jurry's out.

Edited by Kioku (see edit history)

Vista consumes a lot of resources because its interface is more animating and graphically pleasing. So it is definitely meant to consume a lot of resource as a normal gme with good graphics would consume. But if you disable the special graphics themes, then you can fell it sooth as a breeze.