xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JasperIk

We Obsess Over What We Fear...

I have been thinking, and i find myself obsessive over everything. The main thing is death, i have forever been obsessed with death. I am very morbid, and negative and constantly obsess over people i care about dying, and more usually myself dying. I am afraid of what will happen, or what wont happen, i am afraid that because i'm sick i wont live long and i wont be able to live a life like several others people...so i become obsessed with death. Everything i write about is about death, everything i talk about, everything i read about, everything i watch...and i act as if i love death, and i don't show many emotions to the topic, ...its gotten so bad that the only thing that makes me happy if i am depressed is if i put on a movie with my favourite death scene [sadder yet that i even have favourite death scenes. For example, rules of attraction when the girl slits her wrists...that makes me happy...and yet late at night i can't sleep because i am so scared i wont wake up in the morning, or i wont be loved enough when i die...Why are people so obsessed with what they fear? Is it just a way to hide their feelings, so they must talk about it constantly so they don't get scared? Like people make fun of others for being too fat or too skinny, but a lot of the times they feel THEY are too fat or too skinny, but its easier to take their frustration out on other people's bodys, than there own. Theres other examples, but i think you can figure out what i am talking about.

Excessive obsession about anything is always bad. As for you, it seems you are obsessed by death and things related to it. There is one thing you should understand that Death would get you anytime when it feels like and noone can change it. Now this means that we all die when our time comes > No sooner and no later. So its almost useless to keep yourself obsessed about something that you cant even control. Once again in other words, Stop thinking about dying or negative things and take on a positive attitude towards life. There are millions of people who live in worse condition than us and their only wish is to keep living and nothing more. Think about what you can achieve not what you can lose. As for me I am afraid of losing my pets but that doesnt mean that I keep on thinking about them dying all the time. Join a gym or something, stay healthy and fit, work hard all week long and party harder every weekend that has been my motto all the way and you can try it too. Cheers.

That's good advice Boxer Dude. Just don't worry about your environment and what's happening around you. A lot of people think about themselves poorly when they see other people. You have to realize that you aren't like everyone else. Like Boxer said, death can happen at anytime, whether you want it to happen or not. You can't change what will happen, so don't worry about it. Sure, I'm afraid of dieing too, but I don't think about dieing. I would rather think about something better, like the Huskers :blink:. ?There is nothing to fear but fear itself,? said Franklin Roosevelt. You can't worry about what you think will happen, because some of your thoughts are going to be wrong. There will always be someone who loves you when you die. Why worry about death all of your life when you know it will happen sometime anyway. Don't worry about it until it happens, and when it happens, you might not worry about it. Do what you can while you are alive, and when death comes, you will be very satisfied with yourself.

I think i worded this thread wrong...The original point was for people to discuss about how we always obsess over what we are afraid of. It wasn't an advice thing, just a...hmm i wonder why...sort of thing.

At times it seems we want to let go of what makes us sad. When we get hurt, we like that pain and we want to have it somemore. It keeps up concentrated on the fact that we got hurt. As someone else pointed out, we can't control death. Death is a time card, when your number comes up - it's your time to go. Also, I came to believe that most of the time we want to die, we have to wait longer. There are also benefits to death. Most people think of death as a bad thing. You're not crazy when you say your obsessed with death. When you die, you leave all of the worldly pains behind. Now, suicide is WRONG and no one should commit it. We should not have control over when we die and when we do, it's considered suicide. I'm saying that if you're hurt you need to wait a little longer. You're time will come, you won't always be hurt. If you are asking us why it is, we think, that you are obsessed with death. Obviously, I think it has something to do with your feelings. BUT, you may just be interested in what happens next. Often times, we can find ourselves bored of life and the same habitual routine we live through each day. I think that it would be both exciting and scary to find out what happens. Ever find your self thinking while reading a book, What happens next, ooh the Suspense is killing me!? Same thing with life, there is always that suspense that I think is the only reason we keep forward. We are just curious about life and death and what happens. Many religions will tell you that there is no life after death. I think that's wrong, there has to be something after death. Just think about it, why would death be so painful, why would we obsess over death so much, why would life be so greatful if there was no life after death? Well it all boils down to this: We really can't control that death happens, but when it does it's going to happen anyway. Isn't that what's so exciting, knowing that one day you are going to die and you're still alive, browsing the web or whatever it is that you do? Don't obsess over what you can't control, but if you do... always remember that you could be next!