xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rldowling03

Sonic And Mega Collection Plus Anyone played this and whats your opinon on Sonic and Mega Collection

Ok, I love sonic, ever since I started to play games, sonic was there to play ever since i was little. I think that even now it is an excellent game still, It may be old and not as stuning graphics wise, but that still dont stop it from being one of the greatest games of all time. When I saw that Sonic Mega Collection Plus was coming out for PS2 I was really glad, Sonic Mega Collection Plus is basicaly a game for PS2 which lets you play a whole heap of the old sonic games that were on Megadrive, Gamegear, Genesis and other consoles which I cannot remember exactally at this time. Playable games include the original Sonic The Hedgehog game including the one Gamegear one and the one that was on the megadrive. Also including from the megadrive games are Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Sonic The Hedgehog 3, Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic 3D Flickies' Island, Sonic The Hedgehog Spinball and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean machine. Now I hadden't played 3D Flickies' Isnlad, Spinball or Mean Bean Machine before, I hadn't even heard of them so it was great for me to not only play the classics but to also play some new sonic games which I had yet to play. Also included are some Game Gear games including Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Labyrinth, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean MAchine and Sonic Blast wich I ain't ever played before any of them as I only ever played the Megadrive series. Also there are some unlockable games to play which I haven't inlocked yet so I dont know what they are as of yet, and included also is the ability to let you look at every manual from each sonic game on the game, it is really great to see the old manuals from the original games. Lastly anothere great thing on this game is that you can look at covers of the Sonic The Hedgehog comic series, over 150 comic covers, although its only the covers its still great to ave a look at the illustrations and characters. Well thats my 2 cents worth, what do you guys and gals reckon on the fabulous classic game and its PS2 collection...

I didn't own any Mega systems so I wasn't able to play those games all that much except when I went to friends' houses. I did enjoy playing Sonic the Hedgehog. To me it was a pretty cool game when I was little and still is now. Even now it still is owned by many people and played daily. If I see the collection in stores I might have to buy it and try it out and make up for lost time on playing the games :blink: I'd also like to try the others ones to see how good they are as well.

Yeah, it is a really great series, like I said it may be very old but it still goes on strong being a really great game and probably will for at least another 10 years maybe more.. It has quite a few hidden games, well actually 5, which i have only unlocked one, Blue Spheres which you play the game which was used in Sonic 3 when you go into the big ring on levels and you need to collect all the blue spheres without going into the red ones, well it has 500 levels so it will keep me going for a while, lol.

I really only owned Sonic and Knuckles, so I missed alot of great games for he genesis so I'm happy they came out with megas collection. Plus, I find the older versions much better than the newer ones. (sure beats Sonic Adventure and Sonic Advanced 3)

I never owned a megadrive when I was younger, although my brother did and I loved playing sonic on it when he wasn't on it (which wasn't very often!). Sonic 2 was my favourite, although Sonic 3 with Sonic & Knuckles was awesome! Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is a game that I could sit and play for hours, I found it hard to get used to at first but once I did get used to it I loved it! As technology has developed and the megadrive got older new consoles and games have come to out, I have found it hard to get to grips with the newer game (probably because I'm thick and can't work it out!). I was just looking on the internet one day and came across Sonic Mega Collection Plus. I looked at the price and was ?4.99 on the PC, I brought it because I hadn't played the old sonic for a while and it wasn't to expensive. I didn't expect too much of it because it was so cheap, but when I played it was awesome! Since then I have searched long and hard for about 2 months and found a megadrive that still works, I hooded it up and played on it and my kids of 6 & 8 were mesmerised by it, they sit there playing on it (mainly Sonic 3 against each other). I love just sitting down and watching them play it when they have it out, it reminds me so much of when I was at that age.

Edited by sean74 (see edit history)