xisto Community
phpfreek

Image Hosting Can Hurt You

if i was a really smart guy (which i'm not lol) i would make a script that makes you, the administrator, ok the pis. (in other words, you have to say yes i will allow this certain picture on my website) so you know what people are putting up on your website. but unfortunately i am not a smart guy and i don't know how to write scripts.:Pthis is all saying that i got the right idea of what your talking about

Edited by benzkids (see edit history)

Well, I have created a certain signature, that I use in forums that allow members to have hosted images in their signatures via IMG tag, and don't check for extensions... Xisto doesn't allow it, so I'm not using it here, but I certainly can see how one could easily make a malicios PHP script, and take over some site, or crash it...
If you want to see my signature, go see http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ... It is a pure JPEG picture, no malicious code... If it's not allowed to have links here, mods, please remove this section, it's not my intent to promote my site, just to show how ot would work :P

Check in the Tutorial Section here at the Xisto. there is one that uses a folder named with a jpg (or png ) extension that would likely work for you.

I think the problem is that .php is not an acceptable file extension fo uploading to this server. Ig you have the script named index.php inside a folder named with an acceptable file extension might work?

I think the Tutorial I am referring to can be found use "sig rotator" as a search value.

Check in the Tutorial Section here at the Xisto. there is one that uses a folder named with a jpg (or png ) extension that would likely work for you.
I think the problem is that .php is not an acceptable file extension fo uploading to this server. Ig you have the script named index.php inside a folder named with an acceptable file extension might work?

I think the Tutorial I am referring to can be found use "sig rotator" as a search value.

Thanks for that, I already talked to alex7h3pr0gr4m3r about his dynamic Xisto status image, and he said he used that folder.jpg method, with index.php script inside... It is so simple, and so obvious, that it completely eluded me, and I think I would have never thought of it...

But, as you can see now, there is a dynamic image in my sig, and I'm actualy working on releasing a public version, with software to download and update ones status, and a sig for every user... But it's a big work ahead of me :P Hopefully, I will find some beta testers here :D