xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cchrisgates

Win Xp Freeze At Login Screen

When I start up the computer I get to the login screen and click on the appropriate account. Three out of four times the keyboard and mouse will freeze and I am forced to reboot. This may happen three or four times but eventually I can start up windows. Anyone have a clue as to why this happens? Thank for your help. CRG

do u use bootskins? because i use bootskins and i uninstalled it and when i uninstalled it my windows wouldnt start up anymore so i used safe mode and went installed bootskins again and i put repair and then now it works. oh yeah and that happened to me once because of my video card i dont know why but i had to take off my video card in order to use my computer so i just returned it

It's probably a faulty start-up program, or a messed up bootskin. I'm not exactly sure how to fix the problem if it is a bootskin, but if it's a start-up problem, try booting in safe mode, and disable all optional start-up programs. Try booting up normally after that, and if it works, that confirms that it's a start-up program that's causing the problem. To fix it, you should enable each program one by one, and start up the computer with each different start-up configuration. As soon as it crashes, you should know which program is causing the crash, and you can just uninstall it to fix the problem.Sorry if the explanation of what to do is a little unclear, but I'm not that good at giving explanations. Anyways, hope I helped!

how do i fix freezing at blue windows screen?

Win Xp Freeze At Login Screen

My computer wont even boot in any mode it jsut freezes at the blue screen. I think its the power supply but I'm not sure its an old pc and I don't have much money to fix it or buy new one. And in order for me to get it to turn on I have to hold the flcik the back switch while holding the power button. And before all this happened I could use it for 6 hrs then it shut off and wouldn't start til 5 hrs later.

how do i fix freezing at blue windows screen?Win Xp Freeze At Login Screen

Hi,

try this, mine is now working A1!

Run - msconfig - Startup --? unselect KbdMgr

-reply by AlexKeywords: windows freezes on bootcamp

first you must enter the safe mode to disable all the startup programs until you know which one make the xp freezafter you login the safe modeRun - msconfig - Startup choose normal and clear all marks of the startup programs and save and restart to normal mode