xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
--Stealth--

Editing Software I have Vegas 5. you?

Sony Vegas 5 I use that to edit. I Recently had Pinnicle studios 8 and i didnt really like it. IT came with my Tv Tuner ( Capture Card) It was ok at first but i need better stuff lol. So i went out and paid the $600 that vegas cost. Stupid yes i know but im so good at editing now i would post some of my work but i dont have hosted . When i get hosted i will . But yeah and i using Vegas also for school. Were supposed to be using i Movie lol joke i no . so i use vegas and no one knows . its fun

So what do you use?

Sony Vegas 5  I use that to edit.  I Recently had Pinnicle studios 8 and i didnt really like it.  IT came with my Tv Tuner ( Capture Card)  It was ok at first but i need better stuff lol.  So i went out and paid the $600 that vegas cost. Stupid yes i know but im so good at editing now  i would post some of my work but i dont have hosted . When i get hosted i will .  But yeah and i using Vegas also for school.  Were supposed to be using i Movie lol joke i no . so i use vegas and no one knows . its fun

So what do you use?

If it's basic video editing, try http://www.virtualdub.org/ (note it's AVI only although there's an MPEG 2 version which'll let you even load unencoded VOBs in...but output to AVI only :-))

I used to use Media Studio Pro until I found VirtualDub, and I've not turned back since :-)

Of course, if you need fades/wipes, VDub doesn't provide this...pretty much everything else that you get in the big progs are supported though, mostly through plugins. Plus it's free!

i use the pretty basic features of ULEAD Video Studio 7, which came with my TV Tuner as well. have used VDub also, but limited only. hmmnn. would check on Sony Vega 5if i could get a copy. :( what nifty features does it offer, --Stealth--?

You can now edit on the web

Editing Software

If you have a web browser, you could try out the latest version of Clesh. It has a wide range of features such as storyboard/timeline, frame accurate trimming, titles, publishing, hosting and built in chat rooms. You can see some example edited videos (mostly shot on phones) at clesh.Com - where you can also open a free trial account.

-reply by Stephen B. Streater