xisto Community
BooZker

Odd Flower Out School Project

I go to Mt. Hood community college majoring graphic design. This was our first in class project in the photography section. It was just some BRIGHT pink flowers with some yellow in them. I wanted to get rid of some of the color and make one bright white flower with some red. I think i did an alright job being the first project so far in photography. (Each three weeks it changes in the integrated media course. Last week was radio and the week before was video.) I normally use Adobe Illustrator and this is the first thing i have done on photoshop sense i have started college.

Posted Image

P.S. I have 104.6% in the integrated media course haha

Nicely done for your first project.Although I would debate that this is actualy a Photo Illustration rather than Photography--any time you touch or retouch the original picture, in graphics standard, it becomes an illustration rather than true photography.Your contrast and depth of filed is pretty good as a first assignment. I would like to see more contrast on the upper part to distinguish flower pedals. Excellent picture!

Yah i think i have the stock photo. I think it is still on the school computers so i can go up there and see. If there this is an edited post in a few minuets that means i found it. Its for sure not a illustration, but i know it looks like it. I thought the same thing. The contrast i for sure should work on.

yeh, it's a photo manipulation, whjich in my vocabulary is still a photo, they do it all the times in magazines etc. and people call them photo's so it's a photo isn't it....now that i look at it the top left is a bit bright and the bottome right looks pixely, (usaully happens when you brighten up a photo)

I think that it would benefit from a little more contrast between the petals of the anomaly and the rest. Perhaps if the white were a little whiter or a completely different color altogether. I like the red, though.

OK i will work on the contrast. ThanksYou know, i didn't even see that pixelation on the corners. I will fix that also.