xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spy_charly

Flash 9

hello guys so far i think must of you have heard about the new flash that is coming across, i mean the flash 9 and yep it has new features some of them sounds very good i honestly i like them..... but in a simple way to tell you waht can you do with the new API and actionscript changes include thghe followinfg things: classes were reordered yep, the classes were regrouped into four or five groups, and this was possible cos macromedia was bought by adobe so maybe these guys decided to take advantage and change the whole thing inseide....well as the classses were changed you can now find everything in a more intuitive way, so now classes as colors and dislpay and camera are in different levels of classes or froups. For those wondering what is new inside flash9 the most interesting things i personnally found really interrestinfg are, byteArray, yep now you can save a whole image into a variable and then save it or dend it to php or something, make your own video conferencing site!.....another interesting thing is key classes were updated, now you can take a more advance control over your keys or keyboard, and last and maybe the most excited, now you can modify sound files or pieces of sound thans to the byteArray, also you can record sound within the flash player to modify it sucjh as you did with the flash 8 filters and matrix classes

I never really seen flash as a programming language. So in truth, it doesn't really matter whether there is a change in their class organizations. I did flash before and for me, it is a simply GUI tool to make animation, action scripting? It is just a click and watch kind of scene, not really much programming IMO. On the other hand, I am not too interested in flash, I am not cut out for multimedia content either, so I would just stick to being a concentrated Java programmer

I use Flash for animatin only, im not really so advanced on ActionScript, but i know the basics for work with an animation.Its cool to know a new version of Flash is coming with new and better features, but i hope it has the same interface, cause it took me about 2 weeks to learn the entire interface :lol: god, thats a lot.

Well thats really good since where I work they are using flash to make webpages and they will soon be making systems which is were I come in. Right now I am working with php making a content managemente system and whenever I finish part of it I have to help them out with actionscript.

Well i know someone who uses Flash 9 too program his games and make animation scripts mostly too create his flash videos and his recently coming up game project. I open the program on his computor and i have too tell you i didn't no what i was doing(considering the fact i no a lot about computers but not scripts). I was like can i make a small 1 minute game with like 1 feature and he told me that just that little thing would take long too do. So i no now that i gotta read the c++ first lol or just learn too script and stuff.

Oh my goodness. I just heard about Studio 8 like, 5 months ago? And now we have Flash 9?! So fast! I'm stuck in Flash MX2000. Haha! Well, I'm not much of a Flash user (flasher :wacko:) so I couldn't care less. I only make some VERY DAM simple stuff on Flash. My friend uses Studio 8 for all his flash stuff. Gonna ask him about Flash 9 :blink:.