xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowx

Anyone Have Info On "spyhackerz.com"? failed hacking attempt at my site by these guys

yeh theyve tried to hack thru my firewalls and deface my site. ive blocked there actual ip's and reported them so they will be stopped soon enough. ITs just kids thinking their hard by defacing a page by loggin onto somones ftp account as guest unless you have it turned off.

As crazyrob said its silly kids aka script kiddies who know nothing of actual programming or real hacking, they simply scan the web for vulnerable things like the old SMF systems for example then keep looking and asking until someone will tell them how to do damage and follow the instructions. Im not personally worried by them as they failed at my site but Absolute has a good point, if you do get affected by them particularly if you loose money due to the defacement its worth trying to get at least the losses back. The problem being no-one knows who these kiddies are. Possible the security websites where they post their latest defacements. If those security companies would be prepared to hand over the IP's to authorities the little group might have a problem. Though i suspect they will be behind a chain of proxies, if not they really are stupid :lol:

Never bin succesfully targeted by people, I use a mainframe to server network. Means mainframe will deal with attacks and the routers and send cleans info to the server ( gameserver )So that way the site is protected and the gameserver dubbel protected also AM a mu server host most people give out there gameserver ip public i dont to prevent attacks :lol: thats why website / server is ona difrent ip / server.

:) Background: My site is in Joomla and I am using a CMS that was set up by someone over a year ago to manage it. The person is non reachable. I am NOT computer or web literate. My site was hijacked by SPYHACKERZ and now I can't access the administrator. The hosting company reloaded the website but the hijacking occurred before its last backup as so it is a copy of the web site after it was hijacked and is of no use to correct the problem. I do not have a copy of the web site to reload. The only apparent option I have is to identify what they did and correct it. Since you have previously addressed the problem I would welcome any help and advice on how to correct this problem and restore the site. In addition, how did it occur and how can I prevent it in the future? Thank you in advance all who help me